Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Electronic valves aren't far away doing away with cams and timing chains buckets shims etc is the next leap forward.

·
Registered
304 Posts
lol so the performance definitely increased, but they were right about the price and weight of the bikes. Actually kinda funny/cool seeing what everyone one was thinking when the widow-maker was kicking ass and taking names.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,056 Posts
All the points are still valid though aren't they? Wonder if we'll be having the same discussion in another 15 years.

When the old timers tell me about the "game changers" and how they didn't think it could get better after things like DOHC. Or even stuff we consider to be so simple like gear dogs and shift drums which were cutting edge tech when they were new.

I have to admit, I didn't realize it was such an old post. But it's still funny how so many people (myself included) think we've "peaked" here and there. With the slow death of forums it is nice to discuss once in a while.
Oh I would say they still are valid points. Smaller, lighter, faster with more and more electronics aids I think is where we are headed. Its interesting to look back anyway. To see the bike you can buy off the showroom now could have been the winning platform for a WSBK championship just a handful of years back.
I do hope that forums never die. Its such a great platform for information and can be for community as well. This forum had a genuine community of friends at one point. I think we still do but it isn't like it was. I would love to see that come back though,

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm excited for VVT/D/L technology. This would give liter bikes the low-end punch of the older gens coupled with the top-end scream of the later bikes. Every late-model liter bike I've ridden seems utterly useless and a chore to ride on the street since they're so gutted down low.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts