Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
:+1: on Sacramento they don't prep much....it's not just prep though but air conditions most likely why we see some major discrepancies with equal riders and Mods from coast to coast...:wink:
In fact Sac Raceway is faster then Famoso raceway!About 2 tenths!I thought I would run 9.teens when I was there but couldnt pull it off!I did manage my best 60' time a 1.49 then it popped out of 2nd gear!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
In fact Sac Raceway is faster then Famoso raceway!About 2 tenths!I thought I would run 9.teens when I was there but couldnt pull it off!I did manage my best 60' time a 1.49 then it popped out of 2nd gear!
Well like RR always says now he don't even look at the 60 anymore but the 330 and don't think Famoso is .2 tenths slower and even if you wanted or got the 9 teens that is not close too .2 tenths better from one track to another or your previous best from what you have stated or showed :headshake ...lets keep in prespective .2 is huge with little mods for what we are talking about and your persona best was not in Sacramento.:wink:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
no pipe or pc, 87oct gas, cats out,filter out, -2/+2 gear, weight=610lbs, 60" ext., and some good weather..in dec or jan im gonna try for some 8.80s w/better gas.

and all for less than $500
MR9 is 87 octane is that what you meant???

610lbs is pretty heavy.

I'm gonna have to see a ticket, sorry.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Bro the bike don't even have a strap on it................:bs:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Bro the bike don't even have a strap on it................:bs:

Good catch, and he's trying to tell me it's all about Rolling resistance and his front fork tubes are higher and separated than a Whore's skirt walking down Bourbon Street during Mardi Gras :crackup: ....PS....don't ask me how I know about the Mardi Gras :helmet:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well like RR always says now he don't even look at the 60 anymore but the 330 and don't think Famoso is .2 tenths slower and even if you wanted or got the 9 teens that is not close too .2 tenths better from one track to another or your previous best from what you have stated or showed :headshake ...lets keep in prespective .2 is huge with little mods for what we are talking about and your persona best was not in Sacramento.:wink:
Well I havent ran that great since my basket broke back in may!My best since June has been a 9.40 flat..I think my motor is hurt anyways! It does make some really bad noises!Its gonna come apart this winter and get her all patched up!My bad thinking I would go my best that weekend!!

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Well I havent ran that great since my basket broke back in may!My best since June has been a 9.40 flat..I think my motor is hurt anyways! It does make some really bad noises!Its gonna come apart this winter and get her all patched up!My bad thinking I would go my best that weekend!!
you still did good though :thumbsup: Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to SO Cal within the next few weeks so maybe I can bring my bike out and see what the diffs are as well, need to test my new clutch though here to make sure the bike is running good.:wink:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I LUV IT...i knew i would get this kind of RESISTANCE.. but FYI it does have a strap, you just cant see it(well hidden) and houston is the fastest, lowest elevation track...RR im surprised that you of all would dout the performance of a WELL THOUGHT-OUT SETUP...did any of you doubt when norman jackson went [email protected] on video 3 YEARS ago?? ..again a well thought-out set up...

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I LUV IT...i knew i would get this kind of RESISTANCE.. but FYI it does have a strap, you just cant see it(well hidden) and houston is the fastest, lowest elevation track...RR im surprised that you of all would dout the performance of a WELL THOUGHT-OUT SETUP...did any of you doubt when norman jackson went [email protected] on video 3 YEARS ago?? ..again a well thought-out set up...
If there is a strap and I can't see it, it is barely pulled down. Look at the distance between where the fork travels :dontknow:

I don't for once doubt the 60FT, but the 330FT is making it hard for me to believe. Even with weight up front. :headshake

A "stock motor" bike does not MPH like that, especially on "pump gas"

I know I still have my best ET tickets as well as most people who drag race has theres and since you posted a pic you should be able to post your time slip. :wink: :dontknow:

·
Registered
344 Posts
If there is a strap and I can't see it, it is barely pulled down. Look at the distance between where the fork travels :dontknow:

I don't for once doubt the 60FT, but the 330FT is making it hard for me to believe. Even with weight up front. :headshake

A "stock motor" bike does not MPH like that, especially on "pump gas"

I know I still have my best ET tickets as well as most people who drag race has theres and since you posted a pic you should be able to post your time slip. :wink: :dontknow:
kinda going to have to go with kenny on this one

·
Registered
620 Posts
this is a bs time. Numbers dont make sense. 1000ft didnt print. . . funny. I have to see that time slip.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
thats why i said it would be good to see the time slip!
Just because the 1000ft don't print that don't mean anything,we had our 60ft out on the left lane for over a month in Sacramento and was told they were just being lazy to fix it as it's just a few wires loosing contact or something. They finally fixed it just before a big event but for wed. night fun drags no one cared on the track it seems.:badteeth:

So, for me it goes back to 3 things why we need to see a timeslip and not because the 1000ft didn't print.

1. The MPH was to high for Mods listed
2. The bike did not appear to be strapped.
3. The tittle was asking "Is this a good time"....duh it's in the 8s and appears to be stock :heyyou: and if your good enough to get into the 8s do you have to ask in the first place?

bloo

·
Registered
448 Posts
Only reason I don't call total :bs: is cause of the track he's racing at. Houston Raceway Park is a sick track. It's 6ft above sea level and there's always at least a 10mph. tail wind. (track is like 2 miles from Galveston Bay)
My bike ALWAYS runs 3-4 mph. more there with NO other changes.
That and there are some mo fo's that can ride in that town. :eek:ccasion1

The front end doesn't look right in that picture though... :dontknow:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Only reason I don't call total :bs: is cause of the track he's racing at. Houston Raceway Park is a sick track. It's 6ft above sea level and there's always at least a 10mph. tail wind. (track is like 2 miles from Galveston Bay)
My bike ALWAYS runs 3-4 mph. more there with NO other changes.
That and there are some mo fo's that can ride in that town. :eek:ccasion1

The front end doesn't look right in that picture though... :dontknow:
Well your a fast enough guy to know it only takes one thing to smell fishy and know a stock bike not strapped with 87 octane just stretched is not going to do 8s @155mph...no I think 06green is hidding something or don't know what he's talking about. He may do better on another Forum we aren't buying it :headshake

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
It used to never get a good 330 like that until i put a -2 sprocket on the front(BIG DIFFERENCE) and the air got good.
Farlie said come see him...............:wink:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
He must be out trying to get us a time slip!!!!:dontknow: :crackup:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts