Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) Brand New Alpinestars SG-1 1 PC Perforated Leather Suit Black

The guy is asking for 300 for it. What is it worth?

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Pretty much anything AStars is good. This suit is designed more for the street but it is plenty of suit to start out with. They sell for around $600 so $300 is a great deal.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How will it hold up in a wreck on the track? Because I plan on going down!

Call it weird but I'd rather plan on wrecking than to get all cocky and think I will never go down.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
US 38 is what average height/weight that will fit in this suit?

·
PostWhore
13,496 Posts
I seen this suit earlier on closeout for 499, so Ide say thats a pretty good deal

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have not personally seen that suit to recommend, but I did low-side on the race track into a corner at 52 mph (per GPS) and here is what I found to be vulnerable areas of a suit.

Stretch panels in both left and right shoulders torn completely through. Stretch panel in my left knee was torn completely through.
Four seams across back were torn apart.

In spite of the gaping holes, no part of my body actually touched the concrete. The suit did its job...at 52mph. What if that happened on the tri-oval at 160???

I now look for more substance in the flex areas of the suit. I look for as few seams as possible. (one piece panels are now more important than multi-colored "cool" looks).

·
Registered
411 Posts
great deal. they're a k(AUD) here... so that's about $800 american.

can't give any advice on how it holds up though... I've never gone done (while on tracK), let alone in that suit... so *shrugs*

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,134 Posts
Personally, the best $400.00 I ever spent on a ipc. suit is a HEIN GERICKE..After 2 lowsides and 1 highside..It still hold up..My next suit will be a HEIN GERICKE..Track tested and approve by a ZX10R member!:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts