Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious, a friend said they were going to redo the zx-7 and re-release it...:dontknow:

TRUE?

·
Hillbillie Mod
20,155 Posts
they'd have a lotta re-doin to do...

but Im suprised no one has yet to try to give zuki some competition...

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I hope so. In 2003 I was actually planning to buy the 2004 ZX-7. As we all know something else came out that changed my mind. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
223 Posts
but Im suprised no one has yet to try to give zuki some competition...
I am also suprised that Suzuki is the only mfr in this market. If AMA Pro racing showed some interest in a series, I bet all the other brands would follow suit by stuffing 750 engines into their 600 chassis's's's.:badteeth:

I predict that we will see a change in the next 2 years with the 750 class. Either everyone will jump in with a similar model (ie: Triumph 675) or everyone will get out.

What drove this class into extinction anyways?:headshake

·
Registered
967 Posts
Racing started allowing 1000's effectively killing the 750 class

AFMEDIC

Doughboy said:
I am also suprised that Suzuki is the only mfr in this market. If AMA Pro racing showed some interest in a series, I bet all the other brands would follow suit by stuffing 750 engines into their 600 chassis's's's.:badteeth:

I predict that we will see a change in the next 2 years with the 750 class. Either everyone will jump in with a similar model (ie: Triumph 675) or everyone will get out.

·
Registered
967 Posts
They did the Z750. I don't see kawi coming out with a brand new 7R because they have a ZZR600, 600R, 636, 650R, Z750 and ZX10. That pretty much covers what most people will want/need for the most part. Then again, kawi has made some radical moves as of late so we'll see.

AFMEDIC

g-note said:
I was just curious, a friend said they were going to redo the zx-7 and re-release it...:dontknow:

TRUE?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
remember we shifted in 2004... it was zx6, zx7 zx9. now its zx6 zx10 zx14. the 7 is still there and were on it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm probibly guessing the 636 was a bump in the right direction and now a 675 whats next a 700...

Eventually they will probibly end up with ZX-5, ZX-7, ZX-10, and ZX-15...:crackup:

Things will just keep getting more and more out of control...:eyecrazy:

If you look at the 600 before, they could hold a flame to the 6's now...

Just like the old literbikes...:dontknow:

Who knows...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I was used to the classes of 600. 750. and opens. the superbikes were a class of their own. I still own a 7 and would like to compete in that class even though it is a dinasour.

·
Registered
393 Posts
I just got back from Destin Fl. I popped into a kawi dealership where I was talking with what Im gonna assume was the owner. He said there is "talk" of a new 750 V Twin (full farings) comming out by Kawasaki as a race replica not a standard, now he said this may be released in places such as Japan and Canada where there are different emissions laws. Who knows, we'll find out? He said it was going to be called the ZRR-750 and that it will have (now here's where it gets foggy:rolleyes: ) 130 RWHP and it will be costing around 10K. Who knows dont give your hopes up just yet.

:eek:t: He also showed me Kawasaki's V-6 criuser/rocket (looked a lot like one of their concept bikes from a year or two ago and had some resemblense of the Tomahawk) made by the order; supposedly they only make about a dozen a year. I asked him the price for the beast and his response was 70K :eyecrazy:

Remember that ^^ is just "talk" and "rumors going around".

·
Green Hippie
17,566 Posts
I've always been a 750 fan till I rode the 10r but would welcome a lighter more robust 750 if they decide to make it ,seems sad to let suzuki have the lock on it:headshake

·
Registered
110 Posts
imbob05 said:
I just got back from Destin Fl. I popped into a kawi dealership where I was talking with what Im gonna assume was the owner. He said there is "talk" of a new 750 V Twin (full farings) comming out by Kawasaki as a race replica not a standard, now he said this may be released in places such as Japan and Canada where there are different emissions laws. Who knows, we'll find out? He said it was going to be called the ZRR-750 and that it will have (now here's where it gets foggy:rolleyes: ) 130 RWHP and it will be costing around 10K. Who knows dont give your hopes up just yet.

:eek:t: He also showed me Kawasaki's V-6 criuser/rocket (looked a lot like one of their concept bikes from a year or two ago and had some resemblense of the Tomahawk) made by the order; supposedly they only make about a dozen a year. I asked him the price for the beast and his response was 70K :eyecrazy:

Remember that ^^ is just "talk" and "rumors going around".

I don't believe that they have plans about v-twin sportsbike, v-twins never been part of Kawasaki's philosophy in sport models. Maybe the next big thing in sportbikes is "big-bang" firing order...But whatever it is, i hope they bring 750's crown back to Kawasaki!

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Doughboy said:
Wasn't it 2003 when Tommy Hayden won the 750 race on a punched out 600? The 600's were so close to 750's and then the 1000's came- so away went the 750 class.
OR was it that he beat the 1000's with a punched out ZX7? I was there but not sure now and google isn't helping.

Maybe 750's will come back with motogp going to 800cc limit?
Suzuki was smart to keep theirs, but they have the ability to make the bike and lose money (not sell enough to pay for tooling etc.) if need be and call it advertising.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Found this from another forum via google, originally posted 3/11/2003

tom said:
The Superstock race was just amazing. A Kawi 636 beating all those 750's on a horsepower track?! That's just Tommy Hayden flogging the crap out of that bike. He was eating them up in the infield, and using the draft to his advantage on the banking, making the bigger bikes pull him around at higher speeds than his bike could do on its own. I don't think he thought for a moment that he was going to win, since every lap prior he got swallowed up well before the finish line. He benefited from those three or four guys behind him tripping all over themselves trying to pass each other. Great racing!

Tom

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38883

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
It won't be suprising granted that Suzuki and Kawasaki are pretty much the same company for about the last 4 years. Aprilia have a 750 coming out, so will see how it goes. I owned a 2002 7R, and nothing is more stable than that bike on the corners.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts