Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't stand not having rear blinkers. :badteeth: I've seen pics of the Targa setup but their blinkers were huge. If anything is available I'd like to see them. More than ready to buy.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
i have checked around and cannot find one that is available yet. several companies are working on them, but have not released them yet.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
Bet CA has/will have an integrated tail/turn signal soon.

·
Retired post whore
8,463 Posts
I sent them an email about that, they are planning it, but there is no definite release date.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I bought one of thier integrated tailights for my 06 just because I wanted the green lens and had to return it. The electrical connector on the light housing was molded to big and you had to jam the wiring harness on with all the force you had. It didnt fit well either. After I returned it CA sent me an email telling me it would work OK just dremel some off the plastic. I laughed at em. They later called me at home apologizing and stated they were going to fix it.

To be honest I am not that impressed with their products. The front Euro turnsignals for the Gen 2 had wiring harness connectors that are wrong so you have to use your stock bulb assemblys. That would be OK if they explained that on the package. Your first thoughts is you got the wrong part. But after that I was good with the turn signals. But they should just ship it without the usless bulb sockets and reduce the price some. I know it may be the correct fit for other modle year Kawis but thats how I would do it.

The electronic relay I bought to slow the flash speed down for the integrated unit burnt up in a huge puff of smoke after only 10 flashes while I was trying it. Yes I hooked it up correct. And those huge ass resistors they send you are a freaking joke. Talk about a step backwards.

Im going to keep what I have for the mean time. You all can test this stuff out and tell me what works.

JJ

·
Registered
97 Posts
Found a kit on ebay and it is just the license plate bracket and has to led strips on the top of it that are used as the blinkers. I believe that is what i am going to purchase. Type in 08 ZX10 and you will eventually run across it.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I Have thought about even putting led's in the pass peg brackets for the turn signals.

·
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well hell, that suck. Guess I'll have to wait.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Why not fabricate something out of what you already have.

·
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No matter what you do to that stock piece it's still ugly. I'll just make do with hand signals for now.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Hmmm you could order 2 led strips wire them in & make your own mount for your plate & mount the led's to either the top or the bottom of your plate I would think that would be cheaper than $99.00 IMO:thumbsup:

·
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I saw that ebay item, I think I'll wait until sombody comes up with something nice looking.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts