Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks... I have a data acquisition system that is connected to the male ECU plug of my ZX10R wire harness. I'd like to add a Woolich ZT3 wideband package but it needs to be plugged into the ZX10R ECU plug that is already used by my data acquisition system. The data acquisition system simply reads data from the ECU via the ECU plug. The Woolich system would need to flow data bi-bidirectionally via a 2nd ECU plug.

Is there a way to add a 2nd ECU plug to the ZX10R wire harness?

Does anybody make a break-out interface that provides 2 or more ECU connections?

Has anybody tried to splice in a 2nd ECU plug for a scenario similar to mine?

Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Lanister I'll look into that. Also... I've also seen the connector referred to as the CAN output connector. I think I may have found what I'm looking for. I think it is a 6 pin Sumitomo HM 09 connector.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
633 Posts
that would be nice. I like to have my bluedriver actively showing me live data when I am riding but I have the log box and need it to collect data for the autotune stuff so I wonder if the gen 5 has the same setup.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops... In my original post I should have said "connected to the female ECU/CAN plug of my ZX10R wire harness"; not male. I'm going to splice in a 2nd connector and cross my fingers :)

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Woolich Racing has some "on bike harnesses" that may give you some ideas for how to do it or just buy one if it fits your application

1 - 6 of 6 Posts