Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This might not be the dummest question after all. I sure understand that most of the bikes sold shall never see the race track. Although my next bike will not touch the tarmac of the streets at all.

So with this in mind, I do not need the lights, the mirrors, the turn signals, the fancy street fairings, the stock exhaust with catalyzer, etc. I've heard rumors that Honda is actually selling such special track/racing edition bikes. Is there such package also for Kawasaki?

I did some reasearch using google, all I found was a bunch of fraudlent ads like these: ********** Western Union as the preferred payment method is not the way to do business. :)

I will be racing on the new 2011 model during the next season. I just don't want to buy the extra stuff I really don't need. Yes there is always the chance to sell the unwanted items on eBay, but I'll rather spend my time on training. :)

Let's hear the rumors. I believe I'm not alone with this one.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Only if you have the right name and are on the factory race team (and therefore aren't paying for the bike). The rest of us, buy a street bike and take all the street stuff off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It well looks like I don't have the right name. Can anyone speculate how many such factory teams are there worldwide. SBK of course, but pretty much for every region there should be one or even more? I'm suggesting that there is a quite big number of such bikes built for one season? The greater the number, the better chances are to get myself one of these bikes.

In other words how many of you are there who are rebuilding the bike just as I do? If there is a demand great enough, there should be a good place for a dedicated-to-the-track product.

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I can only speak for race teams in the Canadian national series. They start with a street bike just like the rest of us do.

·
Newfie Bullet
2,342 Posts
GO FASTER.....Im sure you know who im talkin about but there is a kawi sponcered guy here in novascotia and they gave him a cpl bikes(09 zx6's)but after that i dont know how much kawi helped him after that..
He stopped by the house the day he was trailering them home to chat with roomie who also races but i wasnt home to see the bikes..
LOL i was hopin to steal his green seat to go with my monster scheme of my gen 3

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
You could try calling Attack Kawasaki. They could probably build you a race bike or sell you one already built. But they would start with a stock bike and go from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You could try calling Attack Kawasaki. They could probably build you a race bike or sell you one already built. But they would start with a stock bike and go from there.
Well in this case it is a lot cheaper for me to do the same work by myself. Especially considering the costs of transportation over the Atlantic. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Well in this case it is a lot cheaper for me to do the same work by myself. Especially considering the costs of transportation over the Atlantic. :)
You'd be surprised. If I had it to do over, I'd probably have gone with an Attack Performance prepped ZX-10R. I would have saved money. I purchased a new 2008 and then had Attack Performance modify it later.

San

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You'd be surprised. If I had it to do over, I'd probably have gone with an Attack Performance prepped ZX-10R. I would have saved money. I purchased a new 2008 and then had Attack Performance modify it later.

San
You make it sound like they did some really dark magic on the bike and there is no way of knowing what exactly was changed. :)

From the dealers, there are dedicated racing kit manuals available. Quite soon there will be an official version of such for the 2011 model. I do have the initial draft in my hands and this one looks quite serious. As far as I can see, following this is pretty much the best way for any race bike builder. With the factory recommendations what can go wrong. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
You make it sound like they did some really dark magic on the bike and there is no way of knowing what exactly was changed. :)

From the dealers, there are dedicated racing kit manuals available. Quite soon there will be an official version of such for the 2011 model. I do have the initial draft in my hands and this one looks quite serious. As far as I can see, following this is pretty much the best way for any race bike builder. With the factory recommendations what can go wrong. :)
Attack had a new ZX10R and an extra engine on the workbench several months ago. Ask me how I know.

The videos of the stock pull and the ECU plus slip-on were done on their dyno, so I'm sure they haven't a clue.

You're much better off with an initial draft manual rather than the real bike, experience and factory support, right?

San

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.