Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that it ever went anywhere but of 6 literbike shootouts in 2008 and 2009 (and considering you place any weight on the shootouts anyway), the 10r got two firsts, three seconds and one third. I think only the '08/'09 CBR 1000 placed better in the shootouts and that bike seems to have some quality control issues. Not too bad overall I'd say.:+1:

·
T Double D
870 Posts
yes its back and its better than some bmw eurotrash but i guess thats just my opinion

·
MIdlife PIMP
3,459 Posts
yes its back and its better than some bmw eurotrash but i guess thats just my opinion
Amen brother!!.and I believe,..for some reason,.that Bmw's are gonna be plauged with electrical lissues like some Ducs are!.......just a feeling thats all!
Mainly because of all the new systems involved,.traction control, abs, power selection system.etc

I'm interested in the BMW, to see if it will actually be the game changer they claim it is,....But I will be holding on to my Gen1 ZX10R till I can't throw a leg over her anymore!!:thumbsup::mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Not that it ever went anywhere but of 6 literbike shootouts in 2008 and 2009 (and considering you place any weight on the shootouts anyway), the 10r got two firsts, three seconds and one third. I think only the '08/'09 CBR 1000 placed better in the shootouts and that bike seems to have some quality control issues. Not too bad overall I'd say.:+1:
I don't know what your definition of "back" is.....

If back means more sales..I would say no, as I have yet to see a gen 3 anywhere I ride

If you mean race wins I would say no...not many podiums that I am aware of

but other than those two I don't think it was ever gone...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know what your definition of "back" is.....

If back means more sales..I would say no, as I have yet to see a gen 3 anywhere I ride

If you mean race wins I would say no...not many podiums that I am aware of

but other than those two I don't think it was ever gone...

My apologies, that was a little ambiguous, I was referring to doing well in the shootouts and you're right it hasn't translated into a lot of sales for the ZX-10. It seems like the 10 has always had a reputaion for having one bad azz motor but sometimes a little scary in the handling department... an experts machine, novice riders need not apply.:eyecrazy: KHI seems to have pulled off a balancing act on Gen III, at least in the eyes of the guys who do the magazine writeups and the bike now has more broad band appeal to less than expert riders like myself.

When I went looking for a new literbike, I had narrowed it down to the '08 ZX-10R and the '08 CBR 1000RR basically becasuse they both were unchanged for '09 and cosmetic changes only for both in 2010. That way the technology was still current but you could get a discount on the machine. It didn't hurt that both were top rated in their class and rated as equals by most.

Interestingly, even though it won Masterbike in 2008 and mopped up more firsts in the magazine liter shootouts, Honda dealers couldn't give away a new '08 CBR. They were selling as low as $8500 drive out in these parts. My local dealer still has two left at $9000 drive out. Could be the weird looks or reputation for burning oil there or maybe it's the fact that the U.S economy is tanking!:dontknow:

I could only find one local dealer who had an '08 ZX-10 left on his floor and he wouldn't come down off his price. Not sure why that is but I think I got the better bike even though I had to pay more.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
My apologies, that was a little ambiguous, I was referring to doing well in the shootouts and you're right it hasn't translated into a lot of sales for the ZX-10. It seems like the 10 has always had a reputaion for having one bad azz motor but sometimes a little scary in the handling department... an experts machine, novice riders need not apply.:eyecrazy: KHI seems to have pulled off a balancing act on Gen III, at least in the eyes of the guys who do the magazine writeups and the bike now has more broad band appeal to less than expert riders like myself.

When I went looking for a new literbike, I had narrowed it down to the '08 ZX-10R and the '08 CBR 1000RR basically becasuse they both were unchanged for '09 and cosmetic changes only for both in 2010. That way the technology was still current but you could get a discount on the machine. It didn't hurt that both were top rated in their class and rated as equals by most.

Interestingly, even though it won Masterbike in 2008 and mopped up more firsts in the magazine liter shootouts, Honda dealers couldn't give away a new '08 CBR. They were selling as low as $8500 drive out in these parts. My local dealer still has two left at $9000 drive out. Could be the weird looks or reputation for burning oil there or maybe it's the fact that the U.S economy is tanking!:dontknow:

I could only find one local dealer who had an '08 ZX-10 left on his floor and he wouldn't come down off his price. Not sure why that is but I think I got the better bike even though I had to pay more.

i totally agree with you!

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
The BMW will kill all very shortly. Which is good becuase everyone must up their game, which is good for us the customer.

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
lets see how the bmw is cause right now all the talk and shit is over the euro spec models...So I'm waiting to see a us version and see how restricted it is...

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The BMW will kill all very shortly. Which is good becuase everyone must up their game, which is good for us the customer.
:+1: I hope Kawi is listening real good.

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
I am going to laugh at practically every s1000rr I see simply because you know most of them are going to be magazine mechanics. That and my 10r should be the crap out of 90% of the bike I see. Build is taking longer than I excepted. DAMN ADDITIONAL PARTS!!!

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
I am going to laugh at practically every s1000rr I see simply because you know most of them are going to be magazine mechanics. That and my 10r should be the crap out of 90% of the bike I see. Build is taking longer than I excepted. DAMN ADDITIONAL PARTS!!!
Get your bike on the road then start talking.:crackup:

·
Registered
167 Posts
BMW S1000 PROJECT LEADER SPEAKS:
"We tested all the jap superbikes,and i was impressed with the CBR.
I dont understand why YAMAHA have used the crossplane crank in a road bike.I feel it is not a nice engine to use.
Early,while we were developing the s1000, at the time the gsxr 1000 k5 was the best litre sportsbike-and i think it still is.
It is the bike we used as a benchmark sor the s1000,we bought 10 of them and pulled them apart.In engineering terms it is so light and so simple.
I cannot understand why SUZUKI went away from this design and made the K7 and K9."

·
Registered
6 Posts
K.makry: Quoted from British Bike's Feb issue I guess. They were quite impressed by the Bimmer and they meassured 184 BHP at the back wheel, 3 up from Hayabusa. R6 size, GSXR1000 ergonomics and Hayabusa top end. Would like to try though I still think my Ninja Thou kicks a.. in a way BMW will never do

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
K.makry: Quoted from British Bike's Feb issue I guess. They were quite impressed by the Bimmer and they meassured 184 BHP at the back wheel, 3 up from Hayabusa. R6 size, GSXR1000 ergonomics and Hayabusa top end. Would like to try though I still think my Ninja Thou kicks a.. in a way BMW will never do
I saw a demo bike today. The bike looks really good and it looks very small.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts