Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need an exhaust and fast! Thinking about going for the Taylormade because it looks great and from what I hear sounds awesome. All that matters to me is I want something small that doesn't come out much further than the foot peg and I don't want it to be too loud. I want it to sound good but I think the m4 is too loud. Any ideas? Where should I look to buy something? Can I find a Taylormade used?

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,333 Posts
No. Their products are over-priced junk. Much like Hotbodies products, they look the part, but are poorly made. Don't waste your money.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Nice looking exhaust, but not worth the high price

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
I say go with the Graves exhaust.
:+1: its not loud, doesnt extend much beyond the footpeg and shows some really nice gains through the rev range.

Question: why do you need an exhaust so fast? Did you break yours?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I looked into graves and it doesn't look too bad. From what I have read it is pretty Loud tho. Is it easy to install?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Op I just hate the look and sound of stock
Ah ok, I was just curious because you made it sound really urgent. I feel you on that reason though. Any exhaust system will be decently easy to install though, dont worry about that. At least with some mechanical know-how, youll be able to do it all quick and easy.

Anything short is loud. Keep that in mind.

Look in the classified section, there is a guy selling an Akra for a Gen 4 that I believe he made a shorty. Could be worth looking into.

Edit: http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=117404

·
Registered
75 Posts
No. Their products are over-priced junk. Much like Hotbodies products, they look the part, but are poorly made. Don't waste your money.
I had a good look over mine before I fitted it and the construction is fine, but for what you pay it should look better... the muffler itself is hidden behind CF covers so there is no need for it to look as aesthetically swanky as an Yoshipovic or Akromura muffler. The carbon covers are a little on the thin side and sit very close to the chain & side stand. Would be good if it was fitted with an O2 sensor bung so that it suits markets other than the US. Other than that I think it looks awesome and sounds great (both subjective). It really cleans up the profile of the bike and is inkeeping with the lines... especially on a black bike.

The Gen4 hauls ass out of the box (unless you live in the US :wink:) and for the gain of a couple of hp, which you would barely feel, any slip-on is only gonna be predominately for noise and looks.

If you like the way it looks and you like it loud, then I would recommend it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To be honest I don't really care if it doesn't make good hp gains because the bike is already fast enough for me. I looked into the graves and that's probably the way to go. It's just a hard decision because taylormade looks really good. But I did hear that the taylormade is a lot louder than the graves. Would you agree?

·
Registered
994 Posts
If you like the Taylor Made then just get it. I can tell you it will not be louder than a M4 GP, loudest exhaust besides straight pipes. Its your bike, get what you want.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
To be honest I don't really care if it doesn't make good hp gains because the bike is already fast enough for me. I looked into the graves and that's probably the way to go. It's just a hard decision because taylormade looks really good. But I did hear that the taylormade is a lot louder than the graves. Would you agree?
The Graves is great and probably the most popular cost efficient exhaust. It is not loud and has lots great positive reviews.

It sounds like you're set on the Taylor. Don't 2nd guess yourself. Get what you know you'll like. I 2nd guessed myself and bought a Yoshi R-77D and was not happy with it. It was a great exhaust and I loved the looks, but it was not near loud enough for me. The sound is my primary focus, aesthetics are 2nd. Take which is more important to you and pick your pipe :thumbsup:

I sold my Yoshi and bought a titanium Arrow GP2. She's a loud mofo and I love it! Well worth the price. Here's a sound clip of it incase you're interested :helmet:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Im in agreement with others. If youre set on it, get it. I have a friend that has had taylormade on a k7 1k gixxer and an 08 cbr1k. Theyre both kinda loud, but I thought they barely reached the "souind decent" level. sounds like a rattling kind of raspy noise.

The Arrow from the post above, that sounds mean. Loud, but mean!

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
its not just about being faster but more efficient. don't forget you need it tuned after this so you'll need a power commander

if you dont care about efficiency, get whatever you want and toss it on. personally, i love the look of the taylor made exhausts, however, they are less efficient, so i went with something else.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I had one on my 08 CBR1000RR It was loud and had a raspy rattely tone. It did not really give it any more horsepower but it did look cool. Also when I tucked the front end at about 70mph it did not even ge a scratch on it since it doesnt stick out and is flush with the lower fairing. OF course the rest of the bike was toast...:sad:

If you move the pegs back like I did it is pretty good since there is not any interferance with my boot heel.

Speedy14

1 - 19 of 19 Posts