Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after more than 2 years VR46 won his first race. Booya WTG Valle. Now the question remains can he contend for the championship. I think he can with the new Bridgestone he says it gives him better feel up front. It sure showed at Assen. He has Marquez and Pedroza's pace and then some. It remains to be seen if he can run with a healthy Lorenzo. Its making Motogp much more exciting to watch.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Well after more than 2 years VR46 won his first race. Booya WTG Valle. Now the question remains can he contend for the championship. I think he can with the new Bridgestone he says it gives him better feel up front. It sure showed at Assen. He has Marquez and Pedroza's pace and then some. It remains to be seen if he can run with a healthy Lorenzo. Its making Motogp much more exciting to watch.
I am a HUGE Ross fan... BUT I think that a perfect storm of events really helped him at Assen.

Lorenzo wasn't healthy...
Marquez had a few broke bones...
Cal had the fastest bike but had a bad start...

Granted it takes luck to win races, but it takes consistency to win a championship.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
There's a possibility he might be able to give Lorenzo a run for it.. If he does it makes Rossi all the more impressive. I'm not really even a fan but to be a contender after all of these years at this level... It really is impressive and says alot about his talent and love for racing..

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
No, it was a great finale, in what should be his last year. He is past his prime, if he wins again I will be suprised. That being said, it was great seeing the joy and jubilation in him for winning, he always looks greatfully joyfull to be winning, the same could not be said for the GOAT in F-1, if you remember watching Schummy

·
Registered
596 Posts
Injuries play a role in every season, as it did in Rossi's last year at Yamaha before his two years at Ducati. Rossi has said the competition is faster than in years prior. He will not dominate but I think he will win a few more races as he gets more familiar with the bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rossi

I think for sure its a bit of a reach for him to win the title but It will be interesting to see the battle unfold. Its a shame 34 years old and over the hill. Even so he has more talent in his pinkie than I have in my whole body. LMFAO. I will have to do some searching to see who is the oldest rider to win a Motogp race.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rossi

Oldest GP winner Arthur Wheeler he was 46 and won the 1962 250 Argentina grand prix.

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
I am a HUGE Ross fan... BUT I think that a perfect storm of events really helped him at Assen.

Granted it takes luck to win races, but it takes consistency to win a championship.
:+1: Agree with every word.

·
Registered
248 Posts

Agreed.
But wait till urban gets in here! Just wait for it....

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Chairman of the Board
16,051 Posts
That's right. 9 titles (7 premier class). No more needs to be said.
Ago has 122 Grand Prix wins and 15 World Titles but it doesnt mean he would be competative at this point. I LOVE Rossi, I really do. I just think he is slightly on the down hill side of the tetter-totter right now. And I did say SLIGHTLY. He is still a podium guy with a win here and there but I dont think he will ever win another championship at the GP level. I hope he makes me eat these words too.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe Ago said he would not win another race let alone a championship. So I'm thinking Agostini is eating some crow right now and is scared his 122 win record is going to fall. LOL

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
I believe Ago said he would not win another race let alone a championship. So I'm thinking Agostini is eating some crow right now and is scared his 122 win record is going to fall. LOL
I doubt rossi will contend for any more world titles, but id sure like to see him top ago's win record.:thumbsup:

My guess is after assen, agostini has had a few restless nights. Lol

·
Registered
828 Posts
He still seems incredibly competitive and driven to win, even though he's still making $30 million a year as a rider not really competing for championships over the last few years. I'd like to see him hang around a while longer and start competing for wins consistently. He's done so much for the sport.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He still seems incredibly competitive and driven to win, even though he's still making $30 million a year as a rider not really competing for championships over the last few years. I'd like to see him hang around a while longer and start competing for wins consistently. He's done so much for the sport.

+1 He has done a lot for the sport for sure. He brings so much sponsorship in to the team he rides for thats why they pay him so much. He still probably makes more off endorsements that his riding pay check.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts