Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I viewing some engine motor kits in eBay, these comes with engine, throttle bodies, wiring and Ecu.
But my mechanic say that is not possible to start an engine without keys and kiss system. He say that one Ecu only works with the correct key.
Is this true?
Then, why do not are selling key systems in eBay?

Thanks
Lluis

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You can start without the key. I have hardwired my GSXR racebike to work with no key. It is more complicated than just a "hotwire". You have to linke a little resistor between the wires. But yes its possible and easy to do.

Directions are out there and about you can find them on the web. Im not gonna post them up as there are too many criminal minds out there.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
No you can not if you are talking about the Euro spec bikes with immobilizer.

you would at least need the red key or have to buy a new ecu and key set plus who knows what else, like the antenna if that isn't included.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have my zx10r bike to running on roads with keys ( I have the red key too) But recently I 'm buying parts to make a race-only bike, for this one I don't want ignition keys if is possible.
The US zx10r bikes/Ecu's don't have inmovilizer?

·
Registered
130 Posts
i wish Australia didn't have imobilizers either there a pain when you just trying to build a race bike

i think the honda here has dash, ecu and key linked so buy a wrecked bike with no dash and your screwed

thus i have to run a key on the 05 race bike im building at the moment

·
Registered
657 Posts
correct, the us bikes don't have the immobilizer system. however, if you switch to the kawasaki race kit ecu, you can bypass the k.i.s.s. system altogether. you may have to buy the race harness as well tho.

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Sure there is always a way round it. It all in the ignition switch, you have to look schematics to suss it out. I have done it with cars but never on bikes.
Not on a system that communicates from key to ecu you haven't.

Look at a Euro schematic, the immobilizer is designed for exactly that reason.

Even the dealer would have to replace ecu and key set for an immobilizer system if you lost your red key (to program blanks)

Sounds like maybe a work around using a U.S. spec ecu could be possible.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yes all imobilizer systems on all bikes can be be bypassed. It is done almost daily to race bike conversions. If you get an Attack triple clamp you will have to have the imobilizer crap removed. Professional bike shops have the Kawi procedure for doing this and there is a PDF of it as well. It will cost you some coin but it is not impossible. There is also a jumper mod similar to the 636 underseat mod that will fix the ECU for the imobilizer crap.:cool:

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
Yes all imobilizer systems on all bikes can be be bypassed. It is done almost daily to race bike conversions. If you get an Attack triple clamp you will have to have the imobilizer crap removed. Professional bike shops have the Kawi procedure for doing this and there is a PDF of it as well. It will cost you some coin but it is not impossible. There is also a jumper mod similar to the 636 underseat mod that will fix the ECU for the imobilizer crap.:cool:
We don't have the actual imobilizer system on U.S. bikes and for them to include a jumper to over ride it in Europe sounds pretty counter productive to the cause which is forced by insurance companies over there.

We are not talking about a U.S. bike with the ignition trick to avoid screwdriver starts, it's an actual system with guts in the key.....There is a red ring around there key switch that says "imobilizer," they get a red, programing key for the other spares, they can have a key cancelled out if they lose it....
I am sure the race kit or a U.S. ecm and maybe U.S. wire harness could do it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
pretty sure the harness is ok if you just use a stock US ecu think you have to change loom for racing ecu though????? could be wrong

i just hope i never lose the key i have, only got one with the bike and it aint red so if i lose it i will be looking for US ecu

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
yes there is a ignition recognition system on 04 and up kawis. YES we know how to bypass them. No we dont discuss "how to steal bikes" on forums.

·
Registered
363 Posts
There is actually a plug on the us harness for the immobilizer, so it may be possible to just use a us ecu, plus the "other" modifications to make a keyless system.

And the race ecu does require either a racing harness, or an adaptor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HELP!!I Imported my 05 ZX10R Ninja from Oman(Middle East)(where I Work) to Kenya(Where I Live), the shipping company took almost 6 months to hand me my bikes(have a ZRX1200R too) and by the time it got to me, the ninja wouldnt start up, battery was flat!Unfortunately, i bought the bike 2nd hand and it did not have a Red Key!I Did not steal the bike, I have the receipts and all!Bad luck is the dealer in Oman shut down Kawis and only deals with H-Ds now and cannot help!I am willing to buy everything I need to,legally, for my baby to wake up!
Please can anyone help?

·
Supercharged Mod
4,391 Posts
You have three choices:

1. Go back to whoever you bought the bike from, and get the key.
2. Buy a complete new immobilizer-equipped key, ignition switch, and ECU from a dealer elsewhere in the world. Perhaps you can get this system from a wrecked bike elsewhere in the world - but make sure you get all the parts this time. You could change to the US-spec non-immobilizer system but you still need the ignition switch and ECU, and I'm not sure if there are wiring harness differences on account of the US-spec models not having an immobilizer.
3. Obtain the race-kit wiring harness. Unfortunately, this will not have some of the street-related functions in it (lights, side-stand interlock, etc).

Discussion of how to circumvent anti-theft systems is off limits. Normally, we lock or delete these threads the moment they appear, but this one is an old one that pre-dates this policy. I'll leave it open for now, in case someone here can help you out by supplying the parts in question. If it side-tracks into circumvention, it will disappear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank You very Much Sir,I will go with option 2 from the dealer if i can find one on these sides!
I do not want to circumvent and would like to document everything i do on the bike!I plan to take it to the grave with me...in One Piece!

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
it's doable just a pain in the ass. couple years ago my buddy did it to his track only gen1 10r as well and it ended up being a nightmare with the kawi system. if i recall correctly you have to jump some wires at the ecu or something. good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Fixed it!!!She roars again!!!!Bought 3 main spare parts.....plus other peripherals and i am over the moon!!!Almost thought of parting the bike out and selling her on ebay!

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice

:cool:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts