Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only ride street and i've noticed that my front tire is showing unsual wear signs is it still ridable?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pics, but it looks like it's starting to cup. If so, replace it. If it's just cooked on the sides and no cupping, it's probably okay for a little while longer (and if you cooked it like that on the street, get thee to a track posthaste!).

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I have seen some bad tires and that doesnt even come close lol....Several people I know go all the way to the wire and I dont mean just a 1 inch sliver showing I mean all the way around its friggin nuts...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
treyzx10r said:
how goes it "feel" while riding ?
when it starts to lean its ok, but if I go lower it reaches a point where it seems it wants to push me down like I was countersteering.

I think I'll check pressure as suggested. I haven't checked it in 4 months :eyecrazy:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Yeah I would do that, check the pressure. My first bike I never checked it then took it to the shop for some powers. When they were changing I asked them to check just to see and the stock tire had 19lbs hahahaha what a tard I was

·
Still here
9,059 Posts
pedrodani said:
when it starts to lean its ok, but if I go lower it reaches a point where it seems it wants to push me down like I was countersteering.

I think I'll check pressure as suggested. I haven't checked it in 4 months :eyecrazy:
4 months???? I Check mine at least every 2 weeks, I try for 7 to 10days.

1 lb can make a big diff.

I'm not that good with the cage but I should be. One thing lost with full service gas for cars, the tire check.

I worry about my parents sometimes cause I know they don't think to check them, I do it.
In Europe that is part of learning to drive- go figure.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I check mine before EVERY RIDE. I carry a little gauge with me ever since my little incident lol...

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
Perferd said:
I check mine before EVERY RIDE. I carry a little gauge with me ever since my little incident lol...
Me too. I had my busa start squirmin' on me before I knew to check the pressure often. Not fun... Now I check before each ride. :wink:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Also most of the time I am the only one with a gauge so I turn out to be the smart guy in the group (most of the time thats the only time hahaha)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts