·
Registered
6,040 Posts
I say jump the sidestand switch and see what happens

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,572 Posts
Ga10r, any luck with your issue??
I'm waiting on pump too arrive myself, just hope it is the pump.. I'm not getting a "FI" light..
I've changed plugs, Drained gas and put fresh, removed secondary flies, unplugged pcIII, bypassed side stand switch. I test ran bike after each change and results didn't change... In the service manual under "surging/surge" it says check water temp sensor, well I changed that out and nothing either...
Sure hope it's the pump, or I'll go after the coils and injectors next......:dontknow:

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
When I changed a motor in my 06 it did the same thing and it was the throttle bodies I twisted them out of the way and when I put them back on the cables were twisted wrong. Try to stick your finger under the tank and touch the throttle linkage on the throttle bodies when you turn the key on you will feel them vibrate something is binding up the throttle plates.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ga10r, any luck with your issue??
I'm waiting on pump too arrive myself, just hope it is the pump.. I'm not getting a "FI" light..
I've changed plugs, Drained gas and put fresh, removed secondary flies, unplugged pcIII, bypassed side stand switch. I test ran bike after each change and results didn't change... In the service manual under "surging/surge" it says check water temp sensor, well I changed that out and nothing either...
Sure hope it's the pump, or I'll go after the coils and injectors next......:dontknow:
Damn that's not good. I haven't tried anything since ordering the pump. I'm going to tear it down and do everything at once.

When I changed a motor in my 06 it did the same thing and it was the throttle bodies I twisted them out of the way and when I put them back on the cables were twisted wrong. Try to stick your finger under the tank and touch the throttle linkage on the throttle bodies when you turn the key on you will feel them vibrate something is binding up the throttle plates.
I'm going to remove the cables completely. I've already disconnected them and it did the same thing.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Yeah, I've heard that too.
Except, I heard he doesn't sell em,
he builds them for the cost of parts and shipping only.
They say he doesn't charge his bro's here for any labor.

I would look him up Fo sho. :mrgreen:

I think he has them here :
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102827
:crackup: Good one HR. Rep on the way for always helping out. :thumbsup:

Won't let me do it, but will come back to you later.

Ga10r, u live in japan. Just give kawasaki a shout and see what they say. Ask them if that is normal for this to happen?

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,572 Posts
BP does your bike make the same noise when you turn it on or do you only get problems approaching 7k?
No noises... Just hesitation,surging,from 5800 up too 10k... Now I did notice since changing fuel pump today the hesitation decreased too 3-5k in rpm :dontknow:
Hope it ain't the TPS sensor...I'm on my 2nd set of throttle bodies now:rolleyes:

Another thing is there's no FI light/code, so not sure what's going with my bike..

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
My FI code only tripped 3 times. It hasn't come on in about a week. I won't have time to tear the bike down until July. Hope you get it figured out before me.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
If not the pump its the TB servo motor. Quite a few gen3 guys had theirs go bad. If that's the case used ones on ebay go for $150.

Oh, I wasn't calling YOU a newb the other week, lol. Sounded like it I know. But I was just referring to hellsrszor always helping out offering his servo eliminator for free . Just so happens I mentioned it in your thread. Hahaha, but you do need to post more man. Been on here longer than me . Guess I list too much and don't ride enough.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,572 Posts
If not the pump its the TB servo motor. Quite a few gen3 guys had theirs go bad. If that's the case used ones on ebay go for $150.
The one i the side of the tb's right?
I have a eye on a few TB's on ebay shit man this will b my second set that failed

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,572 Posts
My FI code only tripped 3 times. It hasn't come on in about a week. I won't have time to tear the bike down until July. Hope you get it figured out before me.
Throttle Bodies are once agin the problem... I put my original set on and she runs fukn perfect ........
Guess I'll start buying up TB's:headshake

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
BP, some interesting info for you. I got code 62 which means I might need new throttle bodies. I had a hunch and turned off my GiPro and it revs past 6k now. It still stutters at 6 but it runs all the way up and power wheelies passing 3k. I finally have time to pull the tank this weekend but I'm thinking about pulling the GiPro instead first.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,572 Posts
Interesting, i wonder if the gipro has been making my TB 's fail??
I would do one thing at a time too find the source, but since u got a code unlike me it might be wiser to go straight to the problem ... keep me posted

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
So it is the throttle bodies. BP I figure I was able to get to 10k by turning off the GiPro because the butterflies open later with the TRE off. They open early with it on. I figure if I remove the butterflies I would have the FI light but it wouldn't affect performance. I stripped the screws trying to take off the plates though.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,572 Posts
Exactly what my original set of TB's do but my 2nd set doesn't do that and still failed....
Removing flies wont trigger FI light...

21 - 40 of 42 Posts