Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When you first turn the key on, that's the servo motor spinning right? Mine makes crazy noises now when I turn the key and the engine sputters under WOT around 5-7K.

Anybody heard of this before? Hopefully it's not the ECU.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
It will move back and forth when you turn the key on.
You need to run the self diagnoses and see if its throwing a code for the servo motor.
If so, I have a servo eliminator that's cheap as hell to fix that problem.

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
They do go bad. Just unhook the cables from the servo motor under the passenger seat/in the tail. You will NOT get an FI light doing this long as you leave the servo motor plugged in unless the servo motor shorts out.
The bike WILL run like shit if the servo motor is outta wack and malfunctioning because the flapper in exhaust won't fully open. By unhooking those 2 cables off the servo motor the flapper in exhaust will stay OPEN. It is spring loaded and the servo motor only closes it, and controls the opening rate.
Also, look up hellsrazor's thread on here or in the performance section on how to make a servo motor eliminator so you can complately remove the entire servo motor and not get a FI flashing light on instrument cluster.

Reactions: GA10R

·
Gen2 Ripper
4,867 Posts
Repped you for always helping the newbs man.

Reactions: hellsrazor

·
Registered
151 Posts
If your FI light is not flashing at you, you can just remove the cables carefully and see if that helps with your problems at 5-7k. Make sure you dont damage the servo motor while removing the cables. They break easily. Its fine to keep the servo motor installed on your bike with the cables removed, you will just continue to hear the motor after turning your key..but it wont cost any money.

The servo buddy works great if you need to remove the entire servo motor. Ive used them on several bikes. Its a small plug that replaces the servo motor and removes the fuel injection light from your cluster, which gets really annoying, and frees up some space under your seat. The ServoBuddy costs about $60. I also heard there is a member on this forum who makes them in-house and sells them for a good price.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
I also heard there is a member on this forum who makes them in-house and sells them for a good price.

Yeah, I've heard that too.
Except, I heard he doesn't sell em,
he builds them for the cost of parts and shipping only.
They say he doesn't charge his bro's here for any labor.

I would look him up Fo sho. :mrgreen:

I think he has them here :
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102827

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yeah, I've heard that too.
Except, I heard he doesn't sell em,
he builds them for the cost of parts and shipping only.
They say he doesn't charge his bro's here for any labor.

I would look him up Fo sho. :mrgreen:

I think he has them here :
http://www.zx-10r.net/forum/showthread.php?t=102827
Hey Hellz...Im sorry bro! Meant no disrespect at all. I am a dealer for the ServoBuddy products, and sell them out of my shop, so of course im partial to them. But you provide a great service to the forum and i hear nothing but good things about you. Keep up the good work and continue to hook up all the members! We are all glad to have you here.

Shoot me a PM if you get a chance...id like to give one of yours a go on the shop bike!

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
Any update on this? The noise when you first turn the key on is not just the servo. Its also the fuel pump priming. I was thinking maybe your fuel pump is acting a bit funny. I may be way off if you just disconnected the servo and it went away though.

·
Servo's Eliminatus ;)
6,813 Posts
Hey Hellz...Im sorry bro! Meant no disrespect at all. I am a dealer for the ServoBuddy products, and sell them out of my shop, so of course im partial to them. But you provide a great service to the forum and i hear nothing but good things about you. Keep up the good work and continue to hook up all the members! We are all glad to have you here.

Shoot me a PM if you get a chance...id like to give one of yours a go on the shop bike!
It's all good bro :thumbsup:, I took no offense by it at all.
Are you wanting one to use on the shop bike or run test on it?
Let me know, I got the hook up. :lol:

·
Registered
554 Posts
I disconnected the servo cables and I still have the problem! I'm getting FI fault every now and then as well
at WOT does it pull past 7k and on to redline or does it just get stuck there like a limiter?

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
at WOT does it pull past 7k and on to redline or does it just get stuck there like a limiter?
I haven't had time to get out of Tokyo and really attempt to open it up. It seems like it may actually be stuck at 7 but I run out of road way too quick in the city-plus traffic.

My GI Pro is whacky too when I turn it on. I'll try to get a video up.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
cant watch the video while Im work, but its possible it is your sidestand switch. Thats a usual culprit of the 7k limiter.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OP I actually think it might be the fuel pump. If the servo is fine and it's throwing the FI fault. And the sound seems to be coming from where the pump is.

·
Registered
6,040 Posts
sounds like it from the video, but cant tell for sure, is it idling kinda rough? if its the fuel pump, you should be getting symptoms pretty much anywhere in the RPMs. That definently sounds really weird when you flipped the key, WAY different from my Gen 1 for sure.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts