Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have an 04 with 8k miles i just changed radiator fluid to engine ice and after rideing around in town crusing it reached 200 and the fan would kick on around 210 or something but i really didnt get to go over 40mph just around town are they spose to run that kinda temp and they just cool off at higher speeds:dontknow:

·
Registered
653 Posts
sure will at that speed, especially in the summer.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
ok cool thanks everybody for the reply for letting me know yea it did feel like my legs was melting off:lol:
Just make sure you 'bled' all the air out...could give ya a higher temp reading also.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I know that 210+ and even around 220 is possible... but what temp would you say is the danger zone if you are sitting in heavy traffic? Here in Kansas we can't ride the white lines to get out of bad traffic, so sometimes i shut it down because I don't want it to get too hot.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
I know that 210+ and even around 220 is possible... but what temp would you say is the danger zone if you are sitting in heavy traffic? Here in Kansas we can't ride the white lines to get out of bad traffic, so sometimes i shut it down because I don't want it to get too hot.
Just ride the white line anyway. It's just that simple! Living in NYC I feel like a white line master, a traffic king, a lane split ninja. You get my point...just do it! Remember Nike said that! :wink:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
If you think 200 is too high, change your gauges to read Celsius. Then it'll only get up to around 100.
:lol:

I think the fans on some bikes don't kick on until 220-230. I wouldn't worry about what the temp gauge says as long as your fan is kicking on and helping keep it cool. If it reached 230ish I might start to panic and shut it off if traffic wasn't moving at all.

·
Registered
770 Posts
mine does the same thing..and humidity will affect it also at lower speeds too..ive seen the temp jump drastically just from sitting at one of the lights in a construction zone here...(3min redlight)..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts