Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im 155lbs. On a 08 Zx10r, my gearing right now is 17/42 (stock/up 1). Im am going through the traps at 151-152mph, but hitting the limiter just before the traps. My 60' is only a 1.68. What can I do to cut my 60' and not loose my mph. I am preparing for ama/prostar super sport, so it is stock wheel base. Thanks to anyone that can help me!!!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
stock rear**
I don't think he's asking what the stock gearing is. Even though 39 isn't stock rear for the 08 I believe the stock rear is 41.

More seat time to get your 0-60ft times down, that's all I know besides going down 1 tooth in the front.

·
Registered
344 Posts
SHIFT TO 6TH J/K you shouldnt be anyware close to redline in top gear , what does your speedo say when crossing the line ??

·
Registered
801 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Im going through the traps at the top of 4th. Im going back to stock gearing this weekend to see if that helps. 10R_Havens what tire would u recommend? Im using a shinko 003 soft right now. R u stock wheelbase? If so what rpm are u leaving at?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Im going through the traps at the top of 4th. Im going back to stock gearing this weekend to see if that helps. 10R_Havens what tire would u recommend? Im using a shinko 003 soft right now. R u stock wheelbase? If so what rpm are u leaving at?
I am running the Shinko 003 U-soft. Also, I am stretched probably about 4"/5".

Ratfink seems the one to get advice from...1.50 60' at 190 lbs. at stock height...

Ratfink are you stretched?

·
Registered
344 Posts

Ratfink seems the one to get advice from...1.50 60' at 190 lbs. at stock height...

the only way he is going to 60ft that good is with a bar on it !! there is no way you can get a 1.50 60ft a SWB bike at stk hight just ask the pro guys , they only run 1.50s and they are slamed stretched as far back as they can go (in the stk arm ) and flyweight pro riders

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
the only way he is going to 60ft that good is with a bar on it !! there is no way you can get a 1.50 60ft a SWB bike at stk hight just ask the pro guys , they only run 1.50s and they are slamed stretched as far back as they can go (in the stk arm ) and flyweight pro riders
I have gone 1.58 with my set-up, but 1.50 with his set-up he has got to know something I don't? Maybe he is stretched, just not lowered? Or has bars like you stated?

·
Registered
344 Posts
lou, try gearing so that your axle is as far back as possible , and dont worry so much about the trap ,just shift it if you have to

·
Registered
358 Posts
have any of you guys gone to www.gearingcommander.com ? Lots of good shit on gearing from stock to all out custom:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
What kind of 60', 1/8th (and mph), 1/4 (and mph) you running? Reason I ask is I see you're only +1 on the rear and crossing at the top of 4th.

On my stock gearing bike I run 10.8 @ 138 and I'm at 13,000-13,100 RPM going through the traps in third. I know the rear sprocket makes a small difference, I bet the difference in weight is the rest of the gear difference (I'm 300lbs in shorts/tshirt)...

·
Registered
11,157 Posts

i have some pirelli dragon soft race scuffs for sale...and i will also have some michelin power race scuffs for sale...i am in fairfax which if you are in southern md isn't that far away...send me a pm if your interested, or anyone in here thats interested

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts