Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
May have just caught him on a busy day. Not saying he was rude or anything either. Was just the impression I got from the experience.
At any rate though, what Don charges is quite high for what he's actually doing. Archer doesn't charge a ridiculous price to the consumer, even though the competition decides to, and that's awesome.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I got a Guhl reflash when he was the only one available....he actually called me on the phone and spend an hour talking to me when I was having some issues.....I got a Bazzaz installed and Attack's dyno got me to 185 RWHP...oh, this is with the converter in place and an Akra shorty can....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Can't say enough good things about Archer. I just needed his basic upgrade w/o map change since I have Autotune. Communicated every step of the way and my ECU was back in a few days total round trip even though I told him no hurry because I couldn't ride for a couple weeks. He also reached out for a forum question I had debugging an autotune problem

·
Registered
228 Posts
reviving this thread...aside from performance stats, do the archer and sik flashes change traction control settings? i saw guhls allows for on the fly traction control switching and traction control memory

is this the same for the other tunes?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is Guhl the best flash for the zx10r gen 4
No.

Basically all flashes besides (Woolich/PC Fuel Commander) are somewhat generic, based off average tunes they've designed ahead of time for your bike model depending on aftermarket parts. As such, they aren't optimized for your particular bike, and can possibly even cause long term damage if they are tuned too far in one direction (air/fuel and such), although I'm sure the companies do their best to make sure that doesn't happen considering it's bad for business.

Power Commander does achieve a level of specificity with it's Fuel Commander module, which monitors your air/fuel, and creates changes to your tune accordingly. However it doesn't give you near the level of options and customization that Woolich does, and all those different modules are just nasty.

With Woolich you can:
- Build a tune specifically for your bike.
- Monitor and make air/fuel changes with it's Autotune feature.
- Change redline, disable fault codes for removed parts.
- Enable launch control and quickshifter capability with Race Tools(with a plethora of customization of timing and duration)
- Many other options. (Disable fuel-cut on decel, fan settings, traction control/power mode memory)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cost is the big one.

Also Guhl can remove the FI light if you ever decide to remove your Pair Valve. Woolich flashers can't. In response to that, I came up with a plug and play plug that will remove the FI light for the pair valve that I include with my flash for free.

Other than that we all change the same things and can add or change the same features (fuel cut, remove top speed limiter, adjust redline, etc, etc).
Cost is the big one.

Also Guhl can remove the FI light if you ever decide to remove your Pair Valve. Woolich flashers can't. In response to that, I came up with a plug and play plug that will remove the FI light for the pair valve that I include with my flash for free.

Other than that we all change the same things and can add or change the same features (fuel cut, remove top speed limiter, adjust redline, etc, etc).
Do you still offer this service? Are you able set traction control where it can be turned off on the fly? Does this flash prevent the butterflies from closing as you progress through the rev range?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I had Guhl reflash my Gen 4 but was one of the first. (2011) Call them They were inexpensive and changed the timing, and I believe the butterflies, and also did the remove exhaust servo delete light. Don't know about the traction control.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts