Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Wait a second.. something doesn't make sense here. After a custom tune, my bike dynoed at 172.65 and 72.83 BEFORE the flash and while I had the two bros shorty.

This bike is flashed AND graves AND this is ALL the improvement????? :dontknow: eh what do I know... you're the pro and all but just seems very little gain.

I haven't had her dynoed yet after the flash and AR pipe as I'm waiting to have Marc @ Factory Pro fit me into his schedule but I'll be pissed if I don't near 190 or more
Part of the restriction is the secondaries. Since those were removed, you're only seeing the timing gain.

If you made 172whp, you're probably not gonna see 190whp on the same dyno.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts
Wait a second.. something doesn't make sense here. After a custom tune, my bike dynoed at 172.65 and 72.83 BEFORE the flash and while I had the two bros shorty.

This bike is flashed AND graves AND this is ALL the improvement????? :dontknow: eh what do I know... you're the pro and all but just seems very little gain.

I haven't had her dynoed yet after the flash and AR pipe as I'm waiting to have Marc @ Factory Pro fit me into his schedule but I'll be pissed if I don't near 190 or more

You cannot compare different dyno numbers, on different days, on different bikes. It doesn't work like that. And prepare to be pissed, cause you're not likely gonna see 190hp.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
772 Posts
You cannot compare different dyno numbers, on different days, on different bikes. It doesn't work like that. And prepare to be pissed, cause you're not likely gonna see 190hp.

Very correct,another dyno in town makes close to 10 more hp then a dynojet dyno but it doesn't have a brake.i feel a dyno with a brake is gonna show more realistic HP.plus this primarily timing only,NOTHING was touched in the fuel maps,but ... The AF was pretty spot on throughout the powerband.im not trying to prove anything with these results....just showing what I'm getting with a basic flash..of course there is always more potential

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I understand, but generally speaking, aren't gains expected to be at least similar? We saw SDsting had a significant gain on his flash ... :dontknow:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Archer and zx-sik-r i just sent you both PM. you guys may have me choosing you over guhl

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
also has anyone ever dealt with Schnitz flashing? http://store.schnitzracing.com/schnitz-ecu-reflash-kawasaki-zx10-11-14/

or ECU unleashed? http://ecunleashed.com/product/2011-kawasaki-zx-10r-2/

theres an ECU unleashed place about 2 hours away from me, so i could take it to them directly. not sure how much of a benefit that would be besides a dyno tune but thats more $$$

im leaning toward one of the guys on here so far but i want to weigh all my options....does everyone pretty much do the same thing?

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
im leaning toward one of the guys on here so far but i want to weigh all my options....does everyone pretty much do the same thing?
Schnitz uses the Woolich kit so their flashes will offer the same thing as a flash from either Sik or myself.

Pretty much you're going to get the same thing from whomever you choose; Schnitz, Sik or I. At the core, the same things are being changed; ignition timing and secondary positions.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
15,389 Posts

As mentioned, schnitz uses the exact same software and flash equipment as ZX10RArcher and zx-sik-r does. The difference is in his fuel and ignition mappings for the bike. Whatever values HE thinks works best is what he puts in there for you. I wouldn't think his are any better than what our sponsors here can do for ya.

ECUnleashed uses their own hardware and software to reflash the ECU. They can provide a very decent fuel/ignition map combo for performance and derestriction, but they cannot change a lot of the other things in the ECU. (Like the traction control mode retention, or the change on-the-fly stuff). People have been happy with them, but there haven't been a lot of people using them since they can't do everything else.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Quick question. I have Graves slip-on and got Guhl flash. My flash got kleen air valve FI delete as well. But some reasons my FI light is still on/off, not all the time but here and there. Bought the bike to my mechanic to run the code and it is cuz the slip-on. Am I missing something here? My mechanic told me to get a servo and it should be ok but I thought with the kleen air valve FI delete, it should be fixed itself, there's no need for the servo. Any advise?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I would use any one of these guys, except for ECUnleashed....

Seen a couple of 10Rs and 14Rs on the dyno, and they have fallen way short of other flashes in terms of power on identical bikes.....even removing the top speed limiter with them does not always work with ECUnleashed.....:headshake:

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
Archer is cheaper and does the same flash as Guhl

Exactly. Less than a 1/3 of the cost infact. Also he is willing to help you as much as you need. With Guhl it felt like I was wasting his time when asking him questions sometimes. Archer is very friendly and makes sure you're absolutely satisfied with his service.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Exactly. Less than a 1/3 of the cost infact. Also he is willing to help you as much as you need. With Guhl it felt like I was wasting his time when asking him questions sometimes. Archer is very friendly and makes sure you're absolutely satisfied with his service.

I can't speak about Archer as I've never dealt with him, but have heard a lot of great things and see a lot of advice he puts on here. I had quite the opposite experience as you did with Guhl. He was very helpful, returned all my calls and emails, answered all questions. I had them do a custom tune and everybody at the shop were really good guys. He walked me through and talked me through everything he was doing. Just seemed like an overall good process. That being said, I also had a buddy trying to contact Guhl and never got a response for his R1, so he ended up going with unleashed I believe. Just my $0.02.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts