Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or does it seem like ebay is dead? I've been lookin around a ebay the past couple weeks just to see what some used parts are going for and stuff seems to be going pretty cheap or not selling at all. Like a few years ago it was nothing to see a zx-10 engine car kit sell for $1800-2300. Now it seems like they're struggling to get a bid over $500? Or fairings, tanks ect.....don't seem to demand a high bid anymore either. Whatz going on? I guess itz a buyers market right now? The reason I'm askin about this is b/c I have some stuff I wanna sell. But from the looks of it, I won't be getting much on ebay?:dontknow: Anyone else took notice of this?

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
910 Posts
Hey... I just bought a new KBC Racer-1 helmet, just like the one I already have, for only $50 :dontknow:

So I'd say that I like eBay... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
:+1: alot of people desperate for money right now...i've got a few friends in bad shape that have offered to sale me some of their bike equip but i just can't bring myself to take advantage or benefit from their misfortune....just yesterday i passed on a green 07 10R for 5K...and before anyone asks...no i won't give you the guy's number..:wink: i'm trying to help him find other ways out of his financial hole so that i don't loose a riding buddy..:headshake

·
Registered
119 Posts
You guys should consider too that there are other avenues out there like craigslist that are taking up some of the market as well. Ebay has been flooded over the years by everybody and their brother wanting to make a buck and tarnishing a great tool by not being honest and not giving a good product or service. I have used it in the past and made some good dough but I'd likely use something else to get rid of my wares.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
You guys should consider too that there are other avenues out there like craigslist that are taking up some of the market as well. Ebay has been flooded over the years by everybody and their brother wanting to make a buck and tarnishing a great tool by not being honest and not giving a good product or service. I have used it in the past and made some good dough but I'd likely use something else to get rid of my wares.
:+1::iamwithst Craigslist for sure. It's the way to go now, and you don't have to pay out the a$$ in fees like Ebay.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
alot of people are boycoting ebay due to the lastet fee re-org.
They lowered the listing price and take a biger chunk of the selling price now.

Think of how much cheaper it is for both buyer and seller without ebay fee's by listing here or craigs list etc...

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
The good thing about ebay is that you get what the item is worth most of the time. Craigslist is cool but every body tries to sell their shit for way too much. You only see bikes for sale and not too many parts listed on there. The best way to sell parts is right here on the forum.:thumbsup: and yes the economy is down and the used motorcycle market is dead!

·
The Movie Goer!
6,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Only thing about craiglist is that people can't bid on your items. Sometimes it's hard to determine how much to sell a particular item for?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I've been selling/buying all kinds of crap on ebay ...since 1999.

Made over 3.000 transactions.

That (sold item)fee jump from 5 to 8% or whatever the [email protected] ...is :bs: :bs:

Still good for a few things but I spend way LESS time on that site compared

to 6 months ago.

:headshake

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
ebay is getting greedy...that is why the seller fees went up...and when you sell sometime you have to try to include the %age mark from ebay which makes it hard to see stuff. I have been suing craigs list more, well for one its free to sell on there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts