Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I'm not sure about that. How about some posts on weight reduction or adding data and cameras to the mean machines? I've got a 19RR and it's heavy in my mind. I wonder how light this machine could be a still be street legal?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
are you willing to burn money? do you have many thousands of it to burn? swap for full titanium exhaust, and call it a day. stock exhaust is where the majority of saved weight can come from, i think on the 2019 it's 12 pounds ish from stock to the akrapovic. other bikes it'll be upwards of 20. for another 2 pounds swap for an aluminum rear sprocket but you'll wear em out much faster than steel. swap your march mag wheels for carbon fiber and maybe save a pound per wheel?

it may be heavy in your mind but that's what all that class of bikes weigh. almost all major liter bikes in 2019 are within 10 pounds of 440 so it's really not as heavy as you think. unless you wanna burn more money and buy the bmw hp4 race, that has like a 375lb weight

your budget determines your weight savings project and the best one of all is a gym membership or a bicycle

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f23/our-2019-zx-10rr-superbike-project-taking-things-next-level-352879.html

https://www.zx-10r.net/forum/f28/trading-money-weight-216074-24.html

·
Registered
627 Posts
swap your march mag wheels for carbon fiber and maybe save a pound per wheel?
The OEM Marchesinis are aluminum and heavy, at 17lbs. For $4k you can get carbon or Magnesium and save a good 10 lbs.
Probably a better buy than even the exhaust just for the lighter feel of the bike.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
The OEM Marchesinis are aluminum and heavy, at 17lbs. For $4k you can get carbon or Magnesium and save a good 10 lbs.
Probably a better buy than even the exhaust just for the lighter feel of the bike.
jeebus i didnt know the stock marchesini's weighed so much. at that weight you're right but also means dropping a few grand on wheels with ceramic wheel bearings, so again, whats the budget like

·
Registered
340 Posts
I thought the OEM March set was a mag alloy? is that not the case? Was looking at getting a set of bst carbon wheels, not so much for weight savings but cause they are almost 600 cheaper than another set of the OEM wheels.

·
formerly GHOST RIDER
2,131 Posts
Still stalking this site but I ride a GEN.1 ... I have no knowledge of the newer gens to contribute info. on . So, I'm here stalking for gen.1 parts :biggrin:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Still stalking this site but I ride a GEN.1 ... I have no knowledge of the newer gens to contribute info. on . So, I'm here stalking for gen.1 parts :biggrin:
I'm with you; I ride a gen 1 so know nothing of any use to most guys on here. Other than the fact that I have just as much fun........

41 - 51 of 51 Posts