Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
This place has been a bit dead for some time really. I suppose we all are just distant aquaintences, but after so long, you get to know a little about people.

So, how is everyone doing these days?
Im here. I check in a few times a day. Your right man. When I saw this thread and saw who posted it, I immediately recognized the user name and already knew what your avatar was. You just kinda do actually get to know people. That's a good thing I think. It is deader than usual around here lately. My guess is that the other forms of social media have diverted people from forums other than strictly a source of information or help with problem solving. A shame really. I have met at least 20 members from here in person at track days or races. Its been great to be able to do that. To go 1000 miles from home and meet a perfect stranger that you feel as if you already know. Many of them willing to extend hospitalities to me just because of this forum and the relationships developed here. I would love to see that here again. I know it still exists here. Maybe just not as much as it used to.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Do wish it was more active, feel like this is by far the best source to discuss our passions rather than facebook. I have been telling people to give us updates on setups or track weekends just so there is more content. I dont even care if its your first track day, at least its something to talk about.

·
Registered
687 Posts
FB groups are killing forums. Sad, really, all FB groups have a life cycle.

FB group started
FB group active with real content and knowledge
FB group grows in popularity
FB group becomes dominated with sarcastic remarks mixed with good comments.
FB group becomes more memes and sarcastic comments
FB group essentially has no good content and anyone offering good advice has left
FB group is now nothing more than an entertainment group around the hobby it was started under
FB group is now totally useless and several hobby specific forums are dead.

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
I'm here, and as long as the page exists will always be. I don't post like I used to but its usually because I don't have anything informative on whatever the thread is about. I'm ignant to all these new fangled motorcycles out there lol

·
Registered
283 Posts
The shit that gets me with FB pages is the content moves down so damn fast its non existent after a day or two. And being on your cell phone 99% of the time you have to scroll for an hour to find what someone posted yesterday or whatever algorithm FB has sent it into nowhere because it wasn't a popular post or something.

FB groups are killing forums. Sad, really, all FB groups have a life cycle.

FB group started
FB group active with real content and knowledge
FB group grows in popularity
FB group becomes dominated with sarcastic remarks mixed with good comments.
FB group becomes more memes and sarcastic comments
FB group essentially has no good content and anyone offering good advice has left
FB group is now nothing more than an entertainment group around the hobby it was started under
FB group is now totally useless and several hobby specific forums are dead.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
It definitely has been oddly quiet around here lately.

I check in almost everyday and see what's going on, I'm like Honez though, I usually don't have anything useful to add so I'll just browse and hit "Like" on a few posts lol.

Anybody know if Skydork is ok? he usually would pop in every once in a while. What about Scout? did he get a yamaha R1 or a different bike?
I know our guy Cap is good, I see him post every now and then.

Facebook Groups are a wreck, the one 10r group I'm apart of on FB isn't as bad as the ZX6R group or the mustang group that I'm part of on there.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It definitely has been oddly quiet around here lately.

I check in almost everyday and see what's going on, I'm like Honez though, I usually don't have anything useful to add so I'll just browse and hit "Like" on a few posts lol.

Anybody know if Skydork is ok? he usually would pop in every once in a while. What about Scout? did he get a yamaha R1 or a different bike?
I know our guy Cap is good, I see him post every now and then.

Facebook Groups are a wreck, the one 10r group I'm apart of on FB isn't as bad as the ZX6R group or the mustang group that I'm part of on there.
I think I saw a SkyDork post recently which may have triggered this post in the first place.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
13,806 Posts
:hello:

I'm here! Thanks for asking! Things have been crazy busy for me at work lately and I'm not near a computer very much. When I am, I do a quick check of this site without logging in. I just haven't had much type to post my typical, wordy responses! :lol:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I don’t post very often but have been around for a long time. Still on my beautiful gen 2. Always check the site every day. No Facebook shit for me. Dont even have an account lol. Anyway, good to see some of the the old timers still around here. Good guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Our canyons are Fucked from the Fires and Rains. Haven't been riding too much lately. I guess I am just a part time lurker........When riding is on my mind, I usually look at this site more often. Happy trails Men.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I don’t post very often but have been around for a long time. Still on my beautiful gen 2. Always check the site every day. No Facebook shit for me. Dont even have an account lol. Anyway, good to see some of the the old timers still around here. Good guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, no twitter or facebook account. I visit once in a while when I have free time. Hi everybody :smile2:

·
Registered
215 Posts
This place has been a bit dead for some time really. I suppose we all are just distant aquaintences, but after so long, you get to know a little about people.

So, how is everyone doing these days?
Sometimes people read but don't post. When I first came here I got slammed for mentioning anytime other than Woolich. I couldn't understand it until I realized that one of the moderators is the US distributor.
This type of cronyism repels rather than attracts.
Just my 2 cents

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Chairman of the Board
16,037 Posts
Sometimes people read but don't post. When I first came here I got slammed for mentioning anytime other than Woolich. I couldn't understand it until I realized that one of the moderators is the US distributor.
This type of cronyism repels rather than attracts.
Just my 2 cents

One of the mods HERE is a US distributor for Woolrich? Who would that be? Ive been a mod for years and Im not aware of any.

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
Good to know it's not just me who hasn't been active on this site like I used to. Between being active on FB an the motorcycle groups on there an ever since I bought my H2 3 years ago. I guess that's whats had my attention? I haven't really ridden or focused on my zx10r in 3 years. And have been pretty active in the H2 group on FB. I think I just checked back in here a few weeks ago after not logging in here since last summer? smh

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ignorance is bliss isn't it Ben? Funny how the reverse -IS NOT- the case on the R1 forum. Curious how I've been banned for simply answering questions related to Woolich products, not even going as far as mentioning the competition's name. Yet, you're here schilling for them and not banned. Double standard eh?

But it is just another thing you're entirely mislead (wrong) about. But I won't go into that as it's all very well documented here as to my relationship with the forums. I don't want to keep you though as I'm sure you've got a busy day ahead promoting more Graves or FTECU (Graves owned) products on this forum and all the others you're on for which you probably own those bikes.
I do own a lot of bikes. No one ever bashes me on the Maico forum for discussing Bing carbs.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts