Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm sure this question gets asked a lot but I couldn't really find anything using the search. I just want to know if 8s are possible on an 05 with no spray or motor work. I have friends with stock GSXR 1000s running 9.1s and 9.2s. They love to talk s**t that I'll never be able to get low 9s much less 8s. I weigh 200lbs. So if y'all think 8s are possible, what do I need to do to get there? Thanks guys!

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
8s are very possible, let cookmaster30, BGmagma, or Chrystal Dickerson talk to u, they all haul ass on 1st gens

·
Squid wannabe
6,073 Posts
No way 8's are happening on a stock motor.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I keep watching the Norman Jackson video and I think a stretch, air shifter, and full exhaust should easily knock off 3-4 tenths.

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
man, you can do this. You need to get low, long and gear the shit out this thing. Learning how to ride it will be paramount to you achieving this. I dont know your experience drag racing bikes or 10Rs specifically, but you need to learn how to ride it and ride it well to do this. The next step is for you to personally lose weight. I know it may not be something you want to do, but if you want to go faster, its going to be something that will help you quite a bit. Can you do it at your current weight, lows 9s like Madness said, youll be close.

The question is also, how much money can you afford to spend on this to shut them up?

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
8's are very well possible with the right air. Only thing is how serious are you at gettin into the 8's? At 200lbs itll be hard but not impossible. The recipe: a 12 over arm, a pan, sidewinder, and a lot of gear. It can be done on a stock clutch but if your not a really experienced drag racer you'll prob want a lock up. With those things you can definitely run 8's if not really close

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
now you in trouble, BG noticed your thread! Price tag youre looking at for what BG suggested if you buy it all new, is in the $2200neighborhood

·
Slow Poke
5,584 Posts
now you in trouble, BG noticed your thread! Price tag youre looking at for what BG suggested if you buy it all new, is in the $2200neighborhood
:lol: hahaha!!! Really the only real High priced stuff is the arm and sidewinder. Other than that everything else is pretty cheap. And to put a stock motor into perspective. One of my buddy's on a k8 1k with all the above done and a slider clutch has been 8.50's. Granted he's like 130 somethin suited. The zuks do make more power than the 1gen 10.s but 8's is definitely do'able

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
zx10's are slow.........

but for real u would have to ride the hell out of it with a stock motor. i feel ya with the 200 lb thing cause thats exactly what i weigh

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Stock Wheel Base not going to happen at 200lbs :headshake Prostar Champs that had mild work like low friction bearings etc. the best of them weighing almost nothing they got into the 8.99s but they were the best. :wink:

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
need a 12 over arm by any chace??? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
:lol: hahaha!!! Really the only real High priced stuff is the arm and sidewinder. Other than that everything else is pretty cheap. And to put a stock motor into perspective. One of my buddy's on a k8 1k with all the above done and a slider clutch has been 8.50's. Granted he's like 130 somethin suited. The zuks do make more power than the 1gen 10.s but 8's is definitely do'able

Sidewinder is what, $1100. Arm is probably $800. Pan is $200 or cut your stocker for cheaper. Sprockets aint too bad, prolly $60 for both front and rear

need a 12 over arm by any chace??? :mrgreen:
Or the arm can be had for cheaper :crackup:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haha, I do actually but Im trying to keep a tight budget right now. I'm going to get everything I can out of it swb first. And I don't want a slider or a lock up. What would be the best gearing?

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
SWB, whatever you can throw at it to keep the front end down. Is your bike lowered and strapped already?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah. Lowered 4" and strapped. I'm gunna take it to get tuned and put a new clutch in it. I'm 1 down, 2 up. What should I be, gearing wise?

·
BigCat for Prez!
7,229 Posts
Yeah. Lowered 4" and strapped. I'm gunna take it to get tuned and put a new clutch in it. I'm 1 down, 2 up. What should I be, gearing wise?
thats good for SWB if u do much more ur gonna wheelie ur nuts off and probably burn up ur clutch trying to ride it out long enough to not flip over

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
what BigCat said. Youre pretty much good there. Thats probably the best youre gonna get for a SWB setup.

To get to your ET goal, youre gonna need to go long

·
Registered
862 Posts
Don't forget good fuel. A killer tune on mr12 will help a lot. You're still going to need all of the items previously mentioned, but it'll help you out a lot to get there on a stock motor. Going to need to ride the hell out of it for sure.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
im around the same weight as you and been [email protected] 1/8 swb... your gearing is fine but i will tell you these bikes dont like to be launch low so gota get them rpms up and let that clutch hand do the work from there.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts