Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I was down in Miami for the weekend and made a quick pit stop at Cycle gear to get some gear for my son. I picked up a Repsol jug since I'm due to for an oil change. I just got back to Georgia and realized I got 10W-30 synthetic blend instead of the 15W-50 I've been running. Either oil is not accordance with the 10W-40 recommended in the service manual.

I also picked up a pair of BT016's since the were only 200 bucks and I've beat the crap out of my M3's. I just need something descent for intermediate level trackdays. The M3's have been OK so far, I figured the BT016's would be similar to somewhat better grip. Am I wrong?

Question:
Should I go through the trouble of exchanging the oil next time I'm near a cycle gear, or just use it?

Am I OK with my tire selection?

Before I get my ass kicked, I did "Search", I think I'm OK with the tires based on several threads.

But the real question is the oil viscosity, I hit a dead end during my search.

AND OH CRAP! ANOTHER OIL/TIRE THREAD!!
:badteeth::badteeth:

·
Registered
83 Posts
im running 10-30 in my 08 right now and I'll never do it again. Shifts aren't as smooth and its a little too noisy for me

ill go back to 10-40 in another thousand miles or so

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im running 10-30 in my 08 right now and I'll never do it again. Shifts aren't as smooth and its a little too noisy for me

ill go back to 10-40 in another thousand miles or so
That's waht I'm afraid of. I stopped running motul a long time ago bec ause of noisiness also, although I know alot of guys swear by it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The oil will not harm the engine per say, but it might make the shifts clunkier like stated before.

I run BT016 on my street bike and really like them. Have one track day on them as well and they held up great in the intermediate group. Not a single problem. I hear, from some of the faster guys, that after a while they get a bit greasy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts