Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im having a huge problem getting the 10 off the line im stretchabout 7 inches lowered, straped air shifter, and -1 up 2 right now and my best pass is a 9.80 at 142 it seems like it wants to bog no matter what i do with the clutch, i am getting full throttle immedetly, best 60 foots i can get are 1.65, i was wondering if going to +5 in the back will help my problem. im thinking it will come out of the hole alot easier

·
Registered
173 Posts
how much do you weigh? you should be able to leave much harder than a 1.65 60', especially stretched.

·
inappropriate
7,728 Posts
this should help you:
Image uploading. Refresh page to view

seat time!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
that will work perfectly, the most common drag setup ive seen on tens at the strip is -2+2 and that is the equivelant of -1+5, -2 is much rougher on the chain, i had a lot of trouble with it and when i went to change the front sprocket i found three teeth riped off and the chain was damaged so badly that it had to be replaced.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would think so my self ... But what do I know im fixin to go to the strip with Stock/-1 ...

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
hey guys im having a huge problem getting the 10 off the line im stretchabout 7 inches lowered, straped air shifter, and -1 up 2 right now and my best pass is a 9.80 at 142 it seems like it wants to bog no matter what i do with the clutch, i am getting full throttle immedetly, best 60 foots i can get are 1.65, i was wondering if going to +5 in the back will help my problem. im thinking it will come out of the hole alot easier
It's not to much im 16t 45t im about 190 im trapping at the top of 6th gear my 60s are like 1.55s, i ran a 44t as well but the 45t works better for me. my 04 is 17t 39t stock:eek:ccasion1

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have benn racing it like this about 3 times a month for about 5 months, it just seems like nomater what i do with the clutch it ont come out any harder. i went 9.92 just lowered strapped and a air shifter, what gear should i be going through at cause im barey clicking into 5th

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
i have benn racing it like this about 3 times a month for about 5 months, it just seems like nomater what i do with the clutch it ont come out any harder. i went 9.92 just lowered strapped and a air shifter, what gear should i be going through at cause im barey clicking into 5th
Your barely getting into fifth because its only running 142. if it was going 150 like it should be you would be into sixth. Try taking your clutches out and soaking them, the 10 will dry the clutches out so bad you will not be able to slip it it will just grab an pull the motor down. what rpm are you leaving at should be in the 7500 area at least. also I have had a 16, 46 on my 10 and it worked fine but in your case I would try to figure out why the mph is so low first then make changes to the gear to get the et down. maybe your not getting the throttle open fast enough. I went 9.17 @150 on a stock 05 7" over with a slip on and u4. Im 165 lbs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
so how is the 16 45 on the street? im going to take my bike to cycle concepts next month and nos put on it. right now i got a supersport package from cris hill and it put down 175 on pump gas. i now got a hardcore arm 4-10 inch sitting at about 8 over what will be a good nitrous gear to run im bout 210

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Your barely getting into fifth because its only running 142. if it was going 150 like it should be you would be into sixth. Try taking your clutches out and soaking them, the 10 will dry the clutches out so bad you will not be able to slip it it will just grab an pull the motor down. what rpm are you leaving at should be in the 7500 area at least. also I have had a 16, 46 on my 10 and it worked fine but in your case I would try to figure out why the mph is so low first then make changes to the gear to get the et down. maybe your not getting the throttle open fast enough. I went 9.17 @150 on a stock 05 7" over with a slip on and u4. Im 165 lbs.
man i really want to come race where your at, if stock bike go 150 there i may need to move. stock motor 10's here usally only go 142-143 stock busa's about 138. went out tonight and right off the trailer it went a 9.63 then a 9.62 then a .64, after that the track went away and and i had to start launching softer cause it was spinning bad, it was a bracket race so i didnt mind cause it was still consistent just consistent 9.80's. im no beginner drag racer so i know how to launch a bike i go wot pretty much right off the line. i just dont see a stock 10 going 150,my bike has no pipe, no power commander, new clutched, it is stock beside lowered extended, and an air shifter. i can see bike that is piped powercommader and stuff going close to 150 justnot a completly stock 10

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
man i really want to come race where your at, if stock bike go 150 there i may need to move. stock motor 10's here usally only go 142-143 stock busa's about 138. went out tonight and right off the trailer it went a 9.63 then a 9.62 then a .64, after that the track went away and and i had to start launching softer cause it was spinning bad, it was a bracket race so i didnt mind cause it was still consistent just consistent 9.80's. im no beginner drag racer so i know how to launch a bike i go wot pretty much right off the line. i just dont see a stock 10 going 150,my bike has no pipe, no power commander, new clutched, it is stock beside lowered extended, and an air shifter. i can see bike that is piped powercommader and stuff going close to 150 justnot a completly stock 10
If thats the case and the bike is only going to go 142 you cant hurt it by adding gear to it. My bike had a pc but just a slip on and u4. where are you from that the air is that bad? I wasnt trying to say you couldnt race just that the mph was very low for what we see on the east coast. Just trying to help out.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
im from oklahoma, I may have to come out to the east coast to race sometime, On average the stock 10's out here go about 142ish and thats if there is good air here the most ive seen out of my bike was 144 and that was at stock length

·
Registered
37 Posts
so how is the 16 45 on the street? im going to take my bike to cycle concepts next month and nos put on it. right now i got a supersport package from cris hill and it put down 175 on pump gas. i now got a hardcore arm 4-10 inch sitting at about 8 over what will be a good nitrous gear to run im bout 210
i run that set up on my bike, it have the rpm high on the streets and kill the top end.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts