Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
West Kelowna’s Marcel Irnie placed second in the Amateur Sport Bike Class last Sunday at the Race City track in Calgary. This was the third round of the Parts Canada Superbike National Championship Series.

Irnie was involved in a race–long battle with Quebec’s Sebastian Tremblay, before passing Tremblay on the last corner on the last lap to take second place.

Superbike racing takes place on a paved road course of approximately 3.5 km, with straights connecting tight and long corners. Superbikes reach speeds up to 290 km/hr.

Irnie was very pleased with his second place result at Race City, as he only qualified fifth due to being down on power along with suspension problems. Irnie had to ride very hard to be competitive.

The Race City race will be televised on TSN-HD and TSN on Tuesday, July 21st, 2009, 1pm Eastern Time.

Marcel Irnie plans to contest the remaining events of the Parts Canada Superbike series including Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia in August and Shannonville, Ontario in September.

Publications:
http://www.kelowna.com/2009/07/06/local-motorcycle-racer-rides-to-second/

http://www.castanet.net/news/Sports/47988/Local-man-races-to-second-place

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Thanks for the Vid. That track looks like fun. And that straight is way long. I could really wind up my 10r there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Awesome race in Calgary. Do you have the video of it? Everyone was cheering for you and went nuts when you passed the french dude and took second.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome race in Calgary. Do you have the video of it? Everyone was cheering for you and went nuts when you passed the french dude and took second.
haha that's great to hear. I love to entertain.

I decided not to film any onboard video at calgary. I was having so many bike problems, that I needed to tuck on the straightaway to stay competitive.
TSN Calgary footage should be great. July 21, 1pm eastern. 10am pacific.

However, I did film and interview people in the paddock, so hopefully i'll edit a little Race city documentary in the coming days.

I have never drifted so much in one track session. My rear shock on my B bike (2005 zx6rr) lost all its nitrogen, so I had no rebound dampening. The powercommander was also broken, which caused my bike to hiccupp in first gear, which gave me the worst start ever. Even the third row passed me on the start. I somehow took the inside line, and late braked into 3rd position.

I used my A bike for qualifying. The 2008 zx6r handled like a dream, but I was loosing two seconds on the straight, and couldn't even reach 6th gear. The dyno revealed I had 86hp on pump gas, and 96 on race fuel. I'm still trying to diagnose the problem.

I bet Crevier and I would make a great team!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the Vid. That track looks like fun. And that straight is way long. I could really wind up my 10r there.
That straight is part of the drag strip and yes you can probably hit top speed on the straight.

Unfortunately the race track might be closed for good at the end of the year:sad:

·
Registered
115 Posts
haha that's great to hear. I love to entertain.

I decided not to film any onboard video at calgary. I was having so many bike problems, that I needed to tuck on the straightaway to stay competitive.
TSN Calgary footage should be great. July 21, 1pm eastern. 10am pacific.

However, I did film and interview people in the paddock, so hopefully i'll edit a little Race city documentary in the coming days.

I have never drifted so much in one track session. My rear shock on my B bike (2005 zx6rr) lost all its nitrogen, so I had no rebound dampening. The powercommander was also broken, which caused my bike to hiccupp in first gear, which gave me the worst start ever. Even the third row passed me on the start. I somehow took the inside line, and late braked into 3rd position.

I used my A bike for qualifying. The 2008 zx6r handled like a dream, but I was loosing two seconds on the straight, and couldn't even reach 6th gear. The dyno revealed I had 86hp on pump gas, and 96 on race fuel. I'm still trying to diagnose the problem.
I think when you smacked your tail as if you were riding a horse on second lap on the front straight got you going pretty good. Don't worry about your bike, just practice your ass smacking technique and you will do fine.....haha

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
real cool, thanks for sharing, looks like so much fun and people seem real chill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts