Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Sorry but on that first pass where that guy bitches you out you are completely in the wrong. You do have the superior line and are in the inside and you did have the superior drive but you are still behind him. Plus its the first lap there is no logical reason to be that aggressive on the first lap, hell first couple corners and risk a crash makes no sense. Other than that good stuff.

``they don`t even know what fire is``, :lol:

What happened with the high side? you clearly put power on to early but it didn`t sound like to let off at all.

Glad you didn`t get seriously hurt. Have you ever come out to Mission Raceway? Seems like you have a pretty nice bike. What was with the 165 hp reading? even with a slick that a super low number.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Sorry but on that first pass where that guy bitches you out you are completely in the wrong. You do have the superior line and are in the inside and you did have the superior drive but you are still behind him. Plus its the first lap there is no logical reason to be that aggressive on the first lap, hell first couple corners and risk a crash makes no sense. Other than that good stuff.

``they don`t even know what fire is``, :lol:

What happened with the high side? you clearly put power on to early but it didn`t sound like to let off at all.

Glad you didn`t get seriously hurt. Have you ever come out to Mission Raceway? Seems like you have a pretty nice bike. What was with the 165 hp reading? even with a slick that a super low number.
Yo..I never been to Mission. never had the interest for the mini track and 88db limit. :4

Hahaha yah.,. we actually have forest fires in BC.. I was very surprised to learn of a NS fire ban. http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/78700/Campers-urged-to-be-cautious Even BC is allowed fires right now!

I agree.. 165 hp is not appropriate for a bmw. The CSBK dynojet might read really low.. but still. I seen 195 from two stock s1000ss (brand new) on a 2wheeldynoworks BMW dyno day at South Sound Tacoma.

I respectively disagree with your corner two assessment, but agree I had the superior line. ;) If you had been to Shubie, you would know the track falls off camber over the concrete patch. The second I found the inside line, I actually became the leader, and he was catching up and should have givin me some room.. There is a entire track to his right. Side by side racing. no reason to be too "friendly!"

Also, the first lap is actually the most important for position gain.

Cheers and good luck on all your track endeavors.

(notice buddy on outside)..

·
All show and all go 10r
5,921 Posts
Yo..I never been to Mission. never had the interest for the mini track and 88db limit. :4

The lap record with the current configuration is a 1:09.xx to give you an idea. I am no where near that. It's a really great technical track. The 88db limit is only for bikes up to 750cc. Every race 1000 has a full system and there is a s1000rr here to so you'd be fine.

I respectively disagree with your corner two assessment, but agree I had the superior line. ;) If you had been to Shubie, you would know the track falls off camber over the concrete patch. The second I found the inside line, I actually became the leader, and he was catching up and should have givin me some room.. There is a entire track to his right. Side by side racing. no reason to be too "friendly!"

Also, the first lap is actually the most important for position gain.

Cheers and good luck on all your track endeavors.

(notice buddy on outside)..
what's in that photo I didn't see in the video. You clearly had the right of way. I stand corrected. INSTANT REPLAY FOR THE WIN! I agree with "the first lap is actually the most important for position gain", its just that most people I see are too aggressive and end up taking out others way to early in races and end up over riding there ability. That last part doesn't refer to you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.