Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had an offer to trade my iPhone4 for a droid x with a otterbox case +50$ to boot. I'm burnt out on apples bullshit on trying get a ringtone and there iTunes shit. Should I do it or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
58 Posts
So I had an offer to trade my iPhone4 for a droid x with a otterbox case +50$ to boot. I'm burnt out on apples bullshit on trying get a ringtone and there iTunes shit. Should I do it or not?

if you love tinkering, android is the way to go.
if you enjoy simplicity and complete easy of use for your entire expereince, then stick with apple.

i have both OS, use them daily. when i go to parties or wut not, i take my iphone.
when i want to do serious "work" android comes along.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the custimization of android though. Can't really customize many widgets on the apple yanno

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like the custimization of android though. Can't really customize many widgets on the apple yanno

i would give it a go. i would even go as far as to suggest putting a custom ROM on the device.
most if not all Carrier/Factory Stock ROMS are bloated with their crap. downside of android.
in my experience, once you go custom, u never go back...

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, that's something I'm not to familiar with.

but I like the SMS custimization through android, also with apple I can't (or dont know how to) make a folder to seperate pictures. Like a folder for pics of bike, and another folder for pics of my daughter. etc

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's cool, even without custom roms, you are able to customize the device with tons of free apps.
I took a gamble with mentioning the custom roms direction because I felt you may be a bit more inclined to, solely based on your presence in the forums.
you're probably not the squid rider who has bikes for show .
you want to squeeze as much out of your bike lol

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
It is going to be a WAY different expirence. Trust me you have been spoiled with the ease of use for you iphone. There is a reason he is offering to trade you his plus goodies for yours. If you are wanting to customize your phone, look into jailbreaking. ANYTHING the android can do i can do that same thing on my iphone with the jailbreak.

If you decide to stay with the iphone and want to know anything about the jailbreak, just let me know and ill help you out man. Although i wouldnt swap if i were you.

And with the jailbreak there are thousands of free ringtones just waiting to be downloaded, and its easy to create free ringtones!

·
Registered
58 Posts
to chime back in, i run a jailbroken iphone on my bike as my primary means of GPS.
thats all it does.
it is does not have a sim card in it.

i have it setup so that the screen will automatically orientate to the position of the device.
primarily the lock screen and the springboard (equivalent to the desktop,where all ur apps are.)
on the bike have the phone locked in landscape mode.

i also have it setup to automatically unlock the screen and launch my GPS navigation app (navigon) whenever i start the bike.
When the bike turns of, the phone automatically turns the screen of an re-locks itself.

only available if u jailbroke your device..

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'll never fall for the apple hype machine. Way overpriced stuff. Simple maybe. But the i phone is tiny and are they even 4g yet? Like looking at a watch. The new droid ice cream sandwich is a vastly improved OS

I know people worship all things apple. I just dont get it.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
I just got my first Smart Phone Samsung Galaxy III Android 4.0 and loving it. I can't compare it to the iPhone but feel I made a good choice so far.

bloo

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
I'll never fall for the apple hype machine. Way overpriced stuff. Simple maybe. But the i phone is tiny and are they even 4g yet? Like looking at a watch. The new droid ice cream sandwich is a vastly improved OS

I know people worship all things apple. I just dont get it.
Haha the newest iPhone out (which has been out almost a year) is available up to 64gb, so nice try on that one. Also I have never paid more than $215 with tax for my brand new top of the line iPhone. Oh, and I always sell my old one for $300+. So I actually make money upgrading to the newest iPhone when it comes out. Not sure how that makes it super expensive and overpriced?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think he ment 4g as in "network speed."
And not storage space.

but I have reason to believe that Verizon and sprint have 4g iPhones

·
Registered
683 Posts
Man get the Droid RAZR Maxx or Samsung Galaxy S3 and you won't regret it. Apple phones are just locked down and not open sourced !!!! Iphone gives you the same old tired look and feel from day to day. You can switch up Android daily if you wanted to.....

·
Registered
578 Posts
I love my HTC Evo4g but ive actually been thinking about getting an Iphone.. Call me crazy but im just tired of my android and yes its rooted i run SOS 2.??? somegthing i think.. I tried to run a Black Ice rom but it locked my phone and back to swagged out stock again ;(

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Man get the Droid RAZR Maxx or Samsung Galaxy S3 and you won't regret it. Apple phones are just locked down and not open sourced !!!! Iphone gives you the same old tired look and feel from day to day. You can switch up Android daily if you wanted to.....
If you jailbreak you can change anything you want. I can change the way the icons look and I can even make my iPhone look like a droid. You can do just as much with the iPhone as droid. But the iPhone is a better built device, with a MUCH BETTER operating system, and a better company backing it up with the best warranty in the business.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I would do it. Ive been running android since it premiered in the G1. Now on my 3rd android phone( htc sensation) and love it. It's fully rooted and running a custom rom. I also have a jails broken iPad 2 fully customized as well and while I know it doesn't compare, a tablet to phone. I love my android. I know many people wit iPhones and they love the custom rooms offered for android. Check out xda forums and shop a rom and you will surely find one to your liking. The only upside IMO about apple is all the accessories available. You can go to a gas station and find a gadget to work with an iPhone....lol

Good luck bro and keep us posted

·
Guilty by association
8,751 Posts
Android all the way, with the iphone your paying for the "name" and gimmicks. I have the Razr Maxx and its awesome in every way. People talk about the simplicity related to the iphone compared to the Android, but trust me bro, there are 5 year olds with Androids that can do more than any iphone.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I am a fan of Android, BUTTTTT I would not trade a perfectly good working iPhone 4 for a Droid X....Motorola has been bad with their quality of their phones. There has been a lot of problems with the Droid X or Droid razr....quite a few Motorola phones for that matter.

Now if it was for a HTC One S/X or Sg3...I would!

Currently using a HTC One S now.

·
Boomer Sooner!
2,337 Posts
Android all the way, with the iphone your paying for the "name" and gimmicks. I have the Razr Maxx and its awesome in every way. People talk about the simplicity related to the iphone compared to the Android, but trust me bro, there are 5 year olds with Androids that can do more than any iphone.
Man one thing you can do with your droid I can't do with my iPhone?

And I am paying for the name apple? How do you come to that conclusion when we paid the same amount for our phones? Yours is made of plastic and mine high quality glass. Which one would you rather have for the same money?

Oh and iOS is the simplest and easiest to use, and most functioning mobile operating system out. I don't have to go through all the crap and have "ice cream sandwich" on my phone....

1 - 20 of 67 Posts