Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I was wondering if there is a way for my laptop to pick up my iPhone signal or if I can hook my iPhone up to my computer and get Internet on the computer? I hears you can do it with the tmobile g phone just curious if mine can do it thanks

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I actually researched this a day or so ago. Its called tethering and there was an app for it but it has been taken off the app store. I read somewhere it was due to people using too much of the bandwith on the 3g network.

·
Registered
454 Posts
With WM you don't have that problem.:dontknow:

I do it all the time with my Touch Pro
dont have what problem? tethering is not supported on the iphone through AT&T. simply because they dont want people to have unlimited internet on there computers with out paying for it. and they dont want to have to put a cap on how much bandwidth you can use on your phone

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dont have what problem? tethering is not supported on the iphone through AT&T. simply because they dont want people to have unlimited internet on there computers with out paying for it. and they dont want to have to put a cap on how much bandwidth you can use on your phone
So I take it it's not possible..that sucks cuz I live in an apartment and have been hooking up to my neighbors wireless but they just moved out and took there Internet with them basterds! Lol

·
Registered
454 Posts
You didn't hear this from me, BUT you can jailbreak your iphone to allow tethering with your laptop. Its not very hard and it you can revert back if need be. Just google jailbreak tethering iphone and you'll get some hits.
:+1: you just have to do a little research you should be able to find a step by step guide for it. just keep in mind it is against the terms/conditions of your cell phone policy :rolleyes: not that people really care about that :mrgreen:
PHP:
http://www.iclarified.com/

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So will jailbreaking hurt my phone any? Does it cause viruses? I've heard of jailbreaking before just don't know anything about it:dontknow: does anyone here have a jailbroken iPhone? How do
you like it

·
Registered
454 Posts
So will jailbreaking hurt my phone any? Does it cause viruses? I've heard of jailbreaking before just don't know anything about it:dontknow: does anyone here have a jailbroken iPhone? How do
you like it
jail breaking is installing new software onto the phone. it gives you the ability to install applications not approved by apple.

·
Squid
6,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I just googled jailbreak tethering iPhone and I think I got some good info but it doesn't make 100% sense to me it seems like I need to have my laptop conected to the Internet to get it set up? I should tell you I was looking at the page that is telling you to set it up without jailbreaking I don't know if that is better? What we need is a how-to on this forum!! With pics lol!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts