Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which do you prefer iOS, or Android?

I used android flagship phones for years but after switching to iOS about 4 years ago I havent looked back.

iOS is faster, smoother, and more stable than any android I’ve ever used...

Also, having iMessage, Facetime and Airdrop is a huge plus...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Android has been constantly improved, especially the latest versions. The problem with android is that sometimes it comes installed in cheap cell phones, unlike IOS that always installed in cell phones with the latest technology, but if you use android in a high-range phone you will be happy.

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Android has been constantly improved, especially the latest versions. The problem with android is that sometimes it comes installed in cheap cell phones, unlike IOS that always installed in cell phones with the latest technology, but if you use android in a high-range phone you will be happy.
Ya, I used android in their flagship phones for multiple years..once I got to use iOS i instantly made the switch.. it was like a night and day difference in stability, smoothness and quality..I think if certain droid phones ran iOS, they would be much better..but for now iOS seems to be a much better operating system for mobile devices

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
891 Posts
You need to try out a note device if you like large phones that are crazy fast or the new one plus 7, I'm looking at the mcclaran edition. 90hz refresh rate and charge from dead to 80% in 30 min. I got my ex one and it is sick but I like the stylus on my note. Short of airdrop I don't see any type of edge with iPhones anymore. I'm an IT consultant and I like interconnectivity and not being locked down. Being able to share stuff with whatever I want to share with and install whatever I want to install. Plus try getting an iPhone to give live readouts wirelessly from a gen 5 with odb2...good luck

·
The Movie Goer!
6,853 Posts
I switched to the Galaxy team from iphone back in 2012 an haven't looked back since. I went from iphone 3gs to the Galaxy s3 an been rockin with them ever since. Now I have the S10+ I think Galaxy phones have passed the iphones...

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
891 Posts
I switched to the Galaxy team from iphone back in 2012 an haven't looked back since. I went from iphone 3gs to the Galaxy s3 an been rockin with them ever since. Now I have the S10+ I think Galaxy phones have passed the iphones...
For the most part they always have had a leg up from my stand point. I like and need interoperability with more than just iOS devices which I phone just doesn't allow. I'm a network tech, it consultant etc so when it comes to data centers and servers, nothing is apple or iOS, same with most of my clients with very few exceptions. iOS works great if all you have is Mac stuff but if you want to broaden your horizons, apple is very limiting. Samsung makes phones with better screens, better cameras and more features and functionality all while allowing interoperability with everyone else. Apple still does everything it can to prevent said interoperability but aside from that, I am only limited by my imagination. I rock a note 8, it's better than my friends iPhone x max out whatever his phone is, I think there is one newer phone out now but his was the newest as of last year. My phone is a couple years old and charges faster, has better battery life, has a stylus and is quicker in almost every way, plus had a micro SD card on top of more Internal storage. The camera focuses quicker, has better low light capabilities etc. To me it's a no brainier but there are still those who like to be told what they can and can't do with stuff they own

·
Registered
67 Posts
I switched from iphone to note9 two years ago as I was tired of apple slowing down older phones to force you to upgrade, but i regret it. The hardware is nice but apps are horribly inconsistent in their UIs. And apps the came from Samsung are atrocious. You need to replace even the phone app. Admittedly part of my problem is I dont use cloud for anything if I can help it. I'll switch back one of these days when I thow my phone off a cliff in frustration. Almost did it yesterday.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
For the most part they always have had a leg up from my stand point. I like and need interoperability with more than just iOS devices which I phone just doesn't allow. I'm a network tech, it consultant etc so when it comes to data centers and servers, nothing is apple or iOS, same with most of my clients with very few exceptions. iOS works great if all you have is Mac stuff but if you want to broaden your horizons, apple is very limiting. Samsung makes phones with better screens, better cameras and more features and functionality all while allowing interoperability with everyone else. Apple still does everything it can to prevent said interoperability but aside from that, I am only limited by my imagination. I rock a note 8, it's better than my friends iPhone x max out whatever his phone is, I think there is one newer phone out now but his was the newest as of last year. My phone is a couple years old and charges faster, has better battery life, has a stylus and is quicker in almost every way, plus had a micro SD card on top of more Internal storage. The camera focuses quicker, has better low light capabilities etc. To me it's a no brainier but there are still those who like to be told what they can and can't do with stuff they own
your friend probably has the iPhone XS Max, the regular iPhone X didn't come in a max, and the iPhone XS came out in 2018, 2 years old, it was basically the same phone as the iPhone X so I wouldn't expect it to be any better than your Note 8.

The note series from Samsung is one of their best phones. Camera takes awesome photo's.

I'm still rocking a iphone though, much more smoother interface, don't have to worry about not receiving security updates after a couple years either lol. Since I like to tinker with things, jailbreaking my iphone and customizing it to my liking is a possibility but in reality none of that matters to me anymore now that I've gotten a little older.

Only reason I would ever think about switching to android is battery life, but Apple has finally started to get it right so I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
891 Posts
your friend probably has the iPhone XS Max, the regular iPhone X didn't come in a max, and the iPhone XS came out in 2018, 2 years old, it was basically the same phone as the iPhone X so I wouldn't expect it to be any better than your Note 8.

The note series from Samsung is one of their best phones. Camera takes awesome photo's.

I'm still rocking a iphone though, much more smoother interface, don't have to worry about not receiving security updates after a couple years either lol. Since I like to tinker with things, jailbreaking my iphone and customizing it to my liking is a possibility but in reality none of that matters to me anymore now that I've gotten a little older.

Only reason I would ever think about switching to android is battery life, but Apple has finally started to get it right so I don't think I'll be switching anytime soon.
What about the absolutely shit wireless charging rate of iPhone, or hey, not being able to share files either send or receive via Bluetooth and the only way to be able to share shit is via apple air drop with other Apple devices. No screen mirroring with smart TVs unless you have an apple TV too. I can send my screen to any smart TV anywhere with zero effort. Can send it to my laptop and send and receive files with any device.apple likes to inhibit that. I don't think the newer iOS devices can be jailbroken and since the Samsung devices have locked bootloader's in the USA this will be my last Samsung phone.im getting the one plus 8 since I didn't pull the trigger on the one plus 7 mcclaran edition. I want the higher refresh rate and want an unlocked bootloader. Was looking at the Asus rog phone too. Looks sick but not enough of them out there to know for sure. With a fully rooted device it's easy to stay up to date and change everything including the stupid oem apps. The entire rom can be changed to completely change the experience, the phone can be over or underclocked for performance or battery life etc. Just can't do that with an iPhone. And as far as apps go, I don't really care. I use my browser and the websites for most shit including my bank stuff. Don't use mobile pay or wallets and avoid all extra apps cause I don't feel like giving out my personal info in the name of a free app

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
What about the absolutely shit wireless charging rate of iPhone, or hey, not being able to share files either send or receive via Bluetooth and the only way to be able to share shit is via apple air drop with other Apple devices. No screen mirroring with smart TVs unless you have an apple TV too. I can send my screen to any smart TV anywhere with zero effort. Can send it to my laptop and send and receive files with any device.apple likes to inhibit that. I don't think the newer iOS devices can be jailbroken and since the Samsung devices have locked bootloader's in the USA this will be my last Samsung phone.im getting the one plus 8 since I didn't pull the trigger on the one plus 7 mcclaran edition. I want the higher refresh rate and want an unlocked bootloader. Was looking at the Asus rog phone too. Looks sick but not enough of them out there to know for sure. With a fully rooted device it's easy to stay up to date and change everything including the stupid oem apps. The entire rom can be changed to completely change the experience, the phone can be over or underclocked for performance or battery life etc. Just can't do that with an iPhone. And as far as apps go, I don't really care. I use my browser and the websites for most shit including my bank stuff. Don't use mobile pay or wallets and avoid all extra apps cause I don't feel like giving out my personal info in the name of a free app
You can definitely jailbreak the newer iphones, mostly depends on the OS it's running, I know for a fact a couple weeks ago the only restrictions were the newer iphones running the latest iOS but on the other side, the older models running the latest iOS could be jailbroken, just usually takes a bit of time before the jailbreak is available for the newest iPhones. I was mostly into the flashing custom roms and jailbreaking phones when I was a teen just to get free apps. Now that I'm older, I just say screw it and use the phone as it comes lol. Wireless charging rate isn't that great but I have no problem plugging a charger cable in lol.

You're right about not being able to send things through bluetooth, but honestly I haven't missed that feature one bit lol, all those extra features are cool but not needed in my case. I can count on my hand how many times I've casted video's from my phone to a tv. Just comes down to everyone's personal needs and wants.

Samsung/Androids in general are always a step ahead in the screen resolutions/refresh rates that's probably the one and only thing that makes me jealous about those phones and also the camera's always seem to be a step above but apple's isn't anywhere near horrible.

My brother was a iphone user for a while and has just switched to the S10 and he loves it. I think he likes the fact that his wife can't ask him to share his location anymore lmao!
At the end of the day, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the flagship phones.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
891 Posts
Your right as far as flagship phones go and not going wrong for the average user. Since I am a tech junkie and want the most for my money, and don't like limits being placed on what I can and can't do with the stuff I own(look at my bike for example) and I regularly cast my phone to TV's either mine or a number of my friends, use it to control my Xbox one, remote desktop to my PC and sometimes even use dex to put my phone into desktop mode. Because I have a removable 256 gig sdhc uhf3 card in my phone I can also use it to transfer large files between devices and my phone will charge shit like other phones and such over USB, the newer phones will wirelessly charge any other device that supports it. The otg capabilities are awesome cause hey, who doesn't want to be able to use a scope or a thermal imager with thier phone. I use Bluetooth to configure the PID and rates etc on my quadcopters. Idk, to me if you just want a normal phone whatever will work but the whole point of having a smart phone is that it can do all of this handy shit. No need for a flagship if you are not going to ever use it. Like buying a zx10r and never going over the speed limit or at least taking it to the track or fuck, you get the point. I don't have a phone to play games but since Xbox now allows me to stream to my phone I do play full on Xbox one games on my phone. I want a new one just cause this one is a few years old and has 2 tiny cracks in the screen but I'm sure this phone would easily last me another year or two. The biggest reason I am upgrading is because like was said earlier. End of life for os updates so no unlocked bootloader means no custom roms which means no current security updates. Ie. Last Samsung I buy

·
Registered
Gen 5 ZX10R
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You most def can send and recieve files via bluetooth.

iPhones also have AirDrop, which is the best thing ever

You can also stream to any bluetooth capable device..

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
891 Posts
You can only send and receive shit from other iOS devices. Not PC's with Windows or Linux, not from Android or even normal phones but only with other iOS devices. My Android I can send with WiFi direct, beam with Bluetooth, do a simple tap to send with similar phones, hell I can send files via large file send up to 2 gig at a time. It lets me generate a link that lasts 24 hours and anyone can get it that I send the link to. Let's me stay anonymous beyond me sending them the link etc. Kinda like a temp drop box. Airdrop seems cool kinda but not at the same time. Idm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts