Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd start a thread for people who are getting the new iPhone 4. I searched and didn't see one had been started. With it being a new phone there may be similar issues or new features people can share with others.

It could also be hardly anybody gets one and this thread just dies out. :lol:

According to Fedex mine is supposed to be coming today. I think I'm most excited about the multiprocessor and the HD video. I'm upgrading from a 3G.

Anyone else got one on order?

·
Registered
279 Posts
My wife is waiting at the store tomorrow morning to get ours, im probab;y most excited about the shape and built in antenna, i hate when my call mysteriously drops. But the hd video is nice and the video chat will be useful, i tryed to preorder but by time i got off work tuesday Apple stopped presales they had like 600000 presales in 6 hours

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a hell of a time getting my order through. Didn't think it went through but I ended up with two emails from AT&T saying one order was cancelled and the other went through. Just updating the to iOS4 on my 3G i noticed some new things. Words it doesn't recognize now get a red line under it sort of like Microsoft Word. Also the camera has a zoom but it's terrible. :lol:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I will go play with one at the Apple store eventually. I was a 3G jailbroken owner previously before selling it. After being pro Apple for years, Android has changed my mind. Their phones seem to be ahead of the game.

I do love the way the white iphone 4 looks, but I see they aren't available yet. Let us know how you like it and the pros/cons.

·
Registered
279 Posts
They just postponed it til the 29th but they are taking presales tomorrow so im gonna do that. My wife looked like she was about to cry when the lady told her I was dying laughing

·
Registered
478 Posts
I will go play with one at the Apple store eventually. I was a 3G jailbroken owner previously before selling it. After being pro Apple for years, Android has changed my mind. Their phones seem to be ahead of the game..
I love my HTC incredible. Can't wait for Froyo. It's nice being able to do what you want with your phone vs having to be Steve Jobs' puppet. :lol:

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
Mine and the wifes should be here tomm........she pre-ordered them for us so it's goodbye to the 3G for me..

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got mine today. It's pretty cool. Definitely a lot faster than the 3G. The multiprocessing is a bit funny the way they set it up as it's not really multiprocessing in several peoples opinions and I can see what they mean.

The camera and video seem to work pretty good as well. The focus feature is really neat and the feel of the phone is a lot better in my opinion. I got this one from AT&T online store but Best Buy called me and said I have one there as well since I preordered one there too since I wasn't sure if my AT&T online order went through.

I'll mess with the phone more tonight but so far it seems to be a big improvement over the 3G but maybe not so much over the 3GS. Set up and activation was quick and easy. Fully charge, plug it in to PC, set it up in iTunes (I loaded the baked up version from my 3G) and I would say it took at most an hour if that. That's because I let it charge though for a while. If you just plug it in you could have it set up probably in less than 10-15mins depending on how many apps/music you have.

(sorry for the terrible written post but it's time to go home) :thumbsup:

·
Judge Dredd Mod
9,188 Posts
Was gonna do it but decided to wait, my 32gb 3GS is good enough for me. It's jailbroken with all the stuff on it that will do what the 4 will do, albiet slower and not as prettily. Probably will wait until the mad rush ends and see if it's worth it in the end. Counting on you guys to give us non-jumpers the scoop. :wink:

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Was gonna do it but decided to wait, my 32gb 3GS is good enough for me. It's jailbroken with all the stuff on it that will do what the 4 will do, albiet slower and not as prettily. Probably will wait until the mad rush ends and see if it's worth it in the end. Counting on you guys to give us non-jumpers the scoop. :wink:
If I had the 3GS and the screen on my 3G wasn't half broke I would've waited I think. I haven't been using it too heavily yet but it seems to be working fine. Most of the apps haven't been updated though to work with multitasking or whatever and a few others still just are too buggy. Hopefully the developers will step up and update their apps.

Gonna go today I think and look at either the screen protector (front and back) or a case. Will let you all know how it turns out.

·
Registered
249 Posts
got mine after waiting in line for 4 hours. I love it so far. Anyone try the facechat or w-e yet? pretty neat!!!:hello:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
I've read on CNN news, the new I4 has been having problems due to the internal antenna? Anyone confirm this?

1 - 20 of 120 Posts