Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! :thumbsup:

My name is Andrea (not female, just an Italian who has lived in CA for about 18 years now). Lurker for about six months, now starting to post. I got a black 2008 ZX10R a couple of months back (from our friend Kevin at Advanced Kawasaki, of course... :wink:) and I absolutely love the bike, now with about 1000 miles on it.

The only mod so far has been the Evo-Tech fender eliminator (superb quality... I had one on my R1 and it was great, the '08 10R version is even better). I am waiting for the Akra to become available, as none of the other exhausts I've seen compare, IMHO.

One thing I ordered today is a set of Rizoma rearsets, great quality stuff:

http://www.rizoma.it/Prodotti/ProdottiSport.cfm?ID_categoria=59&firstLevelIndex=5&IDSez=2

Got them on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120250081809&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:MT:11

The stockers are good, but like most OEM rearsest are too small for my big feet. That STUPID "lip" on the outer side of the pegs pokes right into my boot/foot and becomes uncomfortable within an hour (what is the point of that, anyhow? Unless you have dwarf feet that protrusion is just annoying).

Besides, the rearsets on the 08 are seriously high. The bike is comfy overall, but my legs are a bit cramped (I am 6' 1"), I'll lower the pegs just a bit.

Anyhow... just saying hi and introducing myself. I'll post pics of the bike once I get the rearsets installed. :mrgreen:

·
I really need to get out of the house
11,176 Posts
Those Rizomas look excellent but God are they expensive.

BTW :welcome: to the site.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Didn't 9R to 10R buy the Rizoma's for his 06?

The Evo Tech tail tidy needs a redesign for US tags. They need to make the bolt hole slots wide enough to fit our tags. Instead they ship it with these adapters which look like an after thought, and which to me ruins the design as there is no way to use the reflector bolts. I chose not to use it. Other than that it is a nice design.

JJ

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

The Evo Tech tail tidy needs a redesign for US tags. They need to make the bolt hole slots wide enough to fit our tags. Instead they ship it with these adapters which look like an after thought, and which to me ruins the design as there is no way to use the reflector bolts. I chose not to use it. Other than that it is a nice design.

JJ
I am not sure about which reflector bolts you are referring to, but the adapters worked just fine for me. :dontknow: The plate is flushed up against the light, and the whole thing looks as tidy and compact as it can be.

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts

JJ

Yep, those are what I run, I got the carbon fiber heel gaurds and round racing pegs for them as well, they are truely works of art, and I have never seen a pair of rear sets that are more adjustable, very good quality product that is very well thought out.

Got to give props to my Harris sets on my 04 as well, they are simply awesome as well, but very pricey too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, those are what I run, I got the carbon fiber heel gaurds and round racing pegs for them as well, they are truely works of art, and I have never seen a pair of rear sets that are more adjustable, very good quality product that is very well thought out.

Got to give props to my Harris sets on my 04 as well, they are simply awesome as well, but very pricey too.
Great to hear... I want to get the round pegs too.

Where did you buy them from? I could not find anyone selling Rizoma product in the US (the guys I got it from on eBay are in Canada). :dontknow:

·
La Flama Blanca
7,727 Posts
Great to hear... I want to get the round pegs too.

Where did you buy them from? I could not find anyone selling Rizoma product in the US (the guys I got it from on eBay are in Canada). :dontknow:
There's small shop in the south named PJ's parts that imports the stuff, not on thier web site, they sell mostly FZR parts, but they are really great people, and the place to go to for rizzoma parts.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There's small shop in the south named PJ's parts that imports the stuff, not on thier web site, they sell mostly FZR parts, but they are really great people, and the place to go to for rizzoma parts.
Thanks... I found their web site. I'll be giving them a call. :ayyy:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
I am not sure about which reflector bolts you are referring to, but the adapters worked just fine for me. :dontknow: The plate is flushed up against the light, and the whole thing looks as tidy and compact as it can be.
*UPDATE*

This is what I was refering to and am still trying to get it sorted. At least Evo Tech has owned up to the design error. Took months though.

Seems like I am always having to figure out design issues from other peoples products. Makes me wonder sometimes if I am the first to buy something. :dontknow:

JJ

----- Original Message -----
To: JimmyJam
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:16 AM
Subject: licence plate brackets

I have spoken to the designer of our fender eliminator’s – he has realized that when we originally designed the licence plate brackets they were for products made from 3mm aluminium. We now make some of our products out of thicker sheet metal so we need to revise the design of the licence plate brackets and use a longer stud. I am sorry this is not going to help you now and I’m not sure how quickly the new ones will be produced. Thanks very much for pointing this out to us and I will send some more when they are available.

Regards,

Heather

1 - 20 of 26 Posts