Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Hope everyone is doing well - me and 2 of my friends have been talking about buying some nice machines for many years now and finally a few months ago after much deliberation we did it. Pulled the trigger on three 2016 ZX10R's. It was probably the happiest day of my life.

Coming from a 1997 Aprilia RS250 which I had over 8 years ago, it was just amazing to get on a bike again and especially one as insanely powerful as this one :notworthy:

Anyway, wanted to introduce myself and share some pics of mine as well as my friends bikes. Also wanted to just say what a great forum this is- was looking for ages for a place with this much knowledge and an excellent community :eek:ccasion1 Cheers

Mine is the Green monster. You can see some pics of her after a wash and polish, a few of the bikes together couple weeks back and one from just a few days ago after I fit the Akra slip on with the link pipe.

Best wishes from Dubai!

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
Looking good! :thumbsup: & :welcome:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Congrats!! I plan to get that exhaust looks good. Just dreading the cables lol How loud is it? I also plan to get the gb case savers, curious if side plastics need removal or if you can work around them. Removal probly makes slip on install easier though. Amazing bike for sure

·
Registered
818 Posts
:welcome:

Beautiful trio of zx10R's :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats!! I plan to get that exhaust looks good. Just dreading the cables lol How loud is it? I also plan to get the gb case savers, curious if side plastics need removal or if you can work around them. Removal probly makes slip on install easier though. Amazing bike for sure
Thank you gents!

Re whether or not plastics need removal, yes they do. Install was easy and I got Kawasaki to do it all for me. Haven't ridden her yet as I was out of the country- just got back and will take her out for a spin now. I will let you know how she feels in terms of noise levels and torque etc.

Cheers

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,970 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow... just came back after the first ride with the Akra exhaust / link pipe. I could really feel more mid-range which makes the power delivery feel a bit more linear. Not sure how good it is for the environment but I recycle to make up for it. As for the sound - what can I say, sounds great.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Wow... just came back after the first ride with the Akra exhaust / link pipe. I could really feel more mid-range which makes the power delivery feel a bit more linear. Not sure how good it is for the environment but I recycle to make up for it. As for the sound - what can I say, sounds great.
:crackup: the recycling helps for sure. I was hoping mid range was improved stock it's not exactly crazy

·
Registered
169 Posts
Welcome. Did you tune the bike or flash the ECU post installing the akra?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome. Did you tune the bike or flash the ECU post installing the akra?
Hey Vroomshankar, I did not tune or flash the ECU post installation (done by Kawasaki). I did discuss this with them and was advised I don't have to / if I did it would void my warranty. I am not really familiar with flashing but it seems a lot of people do flash their bikes with tools such as dynojet power commander v etc.

I would appreciate yours / anyone's advice on this and will also start searching the forums to get some info.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,188 Posts
:welcome: MrWolf

Nice bike you have there :ayyy:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hey Vroomshankar, I did not tune or flash the ECU post installation (done by Kawasaki). I did discuss this with them and was advised I don't have to / if I did it would void my warranty. I am not really familiar with flashing but it seems a lot of people do flash their bikes with tools such as dynojet power commander v etc.
Hi
The reason I asked is because here I have a similar issue. I can get the exhaust but I dont really know any reliable tuners who can retune the bike and I read somewhere on the forum that PCV has not really done a glitch-free job with its unit for the Gen5 due to the ride-by-wire module. So worried that if I just put the exhaust and remove the Cat, then will I run the risk of running the bike too lean? Or will just putting a PCV solve the issue?

·
Registered
966 Posts
@Mrwolf did you remove that foam that's stuck to the right side fairing? It covers the clutch cover to stop noise. It's looks like a tight fit with the case covers installed... Thanks sir

·
Registered
169 Posts
@Mrwolf did you remove that foam that's stuck to the right side fairing? It covers the clutch cover to stop noise. It's looks like a tight fit with the case covers installed... Thanks sir
Sorry to reply out of turn but I have the same GB Racing covers and you dont have to remove the inside fairing foams to fit these

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi
The reason I asked is because here I have a similar issue. I can get the exhaust but I dont really know any reliable tuners who can retune the bike and I read somewhere on the forum that PCV has not really done a glitch-free job with its unit for the Gen5 due to the ride-by-wire module. So worried that if I just put the exhaust and remove the Cat, then will I run the risk of running the bike too lean? Or will just putting a PCV solve the issue?
Hmm... I would imagine it shouldn't really be running too lean. Also Kawasaki said my warranty is still active after installing everything for me. I would want to know if the bike runs too lean..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts