Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having issues with my bike..... replaced stator replaced rectifier. Still have a intermittent electrical issue where i lose power battery goes dead and bike stalls.... after a few minutes of dinging with wires i have enough power to roll start. Thought it might be a wire but maybe is heat related . Seems to happen at about 180 f. Any ideas

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
im having issues with my bike..... replaced stator replaced rectifier. Still have a intermittent electrical issue where i lose power battery goes dead and bike stalls.... after a few minutes of dinging with wires i have enough power to roll start. Thought it might be a wire but maybe is heat related . Seems to happen at about 180 f. Any ideas
How old is your battery? Going off what you gave us, that COULD be the culprit but I'm not 100% sure going off of what info we have to work with.

Just to clarify, the bike will start and run but then the battery "dies" which causes the bike to stall?

Definitely sounds like the battery not being charged up by the charging system properly.

Was the stator and rectifier replaced with brand new parts? OEM? Aftermarket Rick's stator?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Forgot to mention you will need to replace the battery if you haven't done so already.

The draw charge from the starter motor would of nackerd the current battery.

Worse case senorio charge it over night.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Morning...

Did you ever find out what the culprit to your problem was? I have an 07 that does the same thing. I have replaced the stator, rectifier, battery, and a lot more. Honestly, I'm about to drop the engine and put in a whole new wiring harness. Any help would be seriously appreciated!!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had very similar issues. My bike wouldn't start often after riding. Ended up buying a starter rebuild kit cause it's a lot cheaper than buying a starter. My starter bushing was completely worn. Long story short, haven't had an issue since

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well, that is one thing I did NOT try. My solution ended up being somewhere in the wire harness. I removed and replaced the entire wiring harness to fix my issue. It was daunting at first, but it was pretty straight forward and not that difficult after I got started. I haven't had any problems since either. I am glad to hear that is what fixed your issue. I will keep that in mind if mine decides to go on the blink again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
We’re you’re lights flickering at all? My 07 just recently started this problem. With the key on the lights are fine, when I start The bike the lights flicker very very lightly, never had this problem before. New stator, regulator and battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, that is one thing I did NOT try. My solution ended up being somewhere in the wire harness. I removed and replaced the entire wiring harness to fix my issue. It was daunting at first, but it was pretty straight forward and not that difficult after I got started. I haven't had any problems since either. I am glad to hear that is what fixed your issue. I will keep that in mind if mine decides to go on the blink again.
Well, I haven’t screwed with it in six months due to disgust . But since I’m trapped in my house all weekend I am deciding to give it another shot. Thanks for the heads up on the wiring harness going to give that a go with the tester. Sounds promising after thinking about it last time I rode it I lost my headlights and it didn’t kill the battery... ill start there.Trying to make it back to the house at dark was interesting. I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts