Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Interesting video from Motorcycle Mag about Engine break-in.

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  nakedinseattle 
#1 ·

#10 ·
The only beneficial part of that video was the PSA on firework safety. I do feel bad for the guy for that.

You don't solve a theoretical problem with the performance of a Koeniggsegg by using a Geo Metro as your practical proofing.

I erased my essay and boiled it down to say this, all the video did was prove the engines he built handled different break in procedures to his tests satisfaction. It did not address the "question" appropriately, he chose the wrong engines, tested incorrectly and inefficiently. It was a limited scope test to a much broader issue with more factors than addressed in the video.

It's kinda like some Mythbusters episodes when they test something the way your Joe Blow neighbor does instead of with scientific method, but they think it's all good because hey, they took measurements!

Side note: I love Mythbusters, even when they're dumb

We have an acronym we use at work for that,..... CATWOT "pronounced Cat What". Which stands for Complete And Total Waste Of Time. That's what that video was, CATWOT.
I'll be using that in the future

#14 ·
The only beneficial part of that video was the PSA on firework safety. I do feel bad for the guy for that.

You don't solve a theoretical problem with the performance of a Koeniggsegg by using a Geo Metro as your practical proofing.

I erased my essay and boiled it down to say this, all the video did was prove the engines he built handled different break in procedures to his tests satisfaction. It did not address the "question" appropriately, he chose the wrong engines, tested incorrectly and inefficiently. It was a limited scope test to a much broader issue with more factors than addressed in the video.

It's kinda like some Mythbusters episodes when they test something the way your Joe Blow neighbor does instead of with scientific method, but they think it's all good because hey, they took measurements!

Side note: I love Mythbusters, even when they're dumb

I'll be using that in the future
Naked you know what? You still watched the whole video ahahaah!:welcome::crackup:

#12 ·
Because I think its vitally important for you all to know and understand what a "boner meeting" is, I'm going to explain it to you.

When you get a notice to attend a boner meeting at work, its the type of meeting notice that you receive that is the tip off, that its going to be a boner meeting.

You see, a boner meeting is a meeting that is NOT really intended for your benefit, but for the benefit of the speaker or speakers, who cannot get a "boner" if they don't have a HUGE crowd in front of them while they are giving their speech. Thus they must have a large crowd in attendance or they wont get a boner.

In order to have this huge crowd, the meeting is what? MANDATORY, you know its a boner meeting when you get the meeting notice and its a mandatory meeting, otherwise no one would attend and the speakers wouldn't get a boner. So they knowing this, make the meeting mandatory.

You walk into this mandatory meeting, saying to yourself, and while shaking your head, "this is going to be a boner meeting". :surprise:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.