Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
from another thread:

next...just hopped on the bike backwards with me pressing on the brake with my 27mm 27In breaker bar and SNAP :mrgreen: to bad my parts dealer ordered the wrong sprocket as i found out just now it's 525 and I have a 520 setup. :BangHead:
An interesting Day today, I tried to return my 525 Sprocket and the place I bought from the owner admitted they made a mistake....he took down a WHOLE 520 Conversion KIT for a Gixxer 1000, just to get to the 520/16T sprocket out of it that I needed and gave me that one. The splines lined up perfect(or so the naked eye can see) compared to my old Vortex as I noticed when I got home. So now a happy camper and can install a new chain plus oil change and have 2hrs to do this so I can go drag racing....Well, it didn't fit :BangHead: no racing today.

.....but went to Cycle Gear and they had one in stock so I will be able to ride soon:thumbsup:

So, lessons learned this week for the 10R...even with an Hydrolic lift it can help or be a hindrance depending on the tools you use. My Oil Filter took on the many Filter Wrenches I had and would not budge, it was only when I took the bike off the lift so I can move the front tire sideways to get one of those rubber plumbers vise grips on that are small...my garage is filled with all kinds of special tools and only that one worked and that was my last resort before I did the screwdriver trick...everything else just slipped or not enough room to get a hold of it to apply good torque. :badteeth:

Oh, and the other lesson, even though my knowledgeable Parts dealer said Suk parts are the same, they may look the same..... my NINJA Rejected it and would spit it out. :lol::thumbsup:

PS...if Falcon-A is reading this, my thread here is not going to get you off the hook....I will deal with you soon.:wink:

RAnt over it's all good now :thumbsup:

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I got a renthal FS in 520 and it had Suzuki on the packaging but it fit perfectly.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a renthal FS in 520 and it had Suzuki on the packaging but it fit perfectly.
yeah, maybe it was a bad part...even the package for vortex says Suzuki...but which one :wink: but there is no doubt it didn't fit I couldn't install, when I got the new Vortex it slipped on the spline just as easy as the old one...I think Renthal has their stuff together though for parts...the kit I think came out of a RK 520 conversion kit..but the question is does a Gix 1000 fit a Kawi...my Kawi says NO :headshake

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmmm day not going right for you, Bloo
It's funny because I always give advice how to remove a sprocket or a Filter but got challenged myself this week...nothing I could not finish or take care of but not as easy as when you post it on the Internet :headshake

yeah, sucks missed drag racing for 3 weeks strait just because of ordering problems...but It's not a total bad day because I was looking at 4 or 5 days for a new front sprocket but got lucky and found 1 local so I can ride tomorrow...that's always a good day to know that your not down. :cool:

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always order in two's. As these are wear parts bound to be ordering again in the future. Thus avoid any delays in your fun days out with the bike.:thumbsup:
I actually had parts in Two's...sold them to members here...came back to bite me. :badteeth:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts