Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading different forums on the integrated taillights for my 04 ZX-10 and have seen people talk about the product from FlashAlert and i've seen the one from McCoy Motorsports also. I know most people either have one or the other and probably does not have experience with two different companies. I'm wondering if anyone has pics of there FlashAlert taillight. And if anyone has the light from McCoy Motorsports what is your take on it.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Look at the back of your bike. No picture it without the turn signals. That is exactly what you get from Flashalert. Its your stock tail light that gets modified.

I did it to my 04 in 2004.

What I had to do. Send them my tail light and both turn signals with the wires attached. They clip the wires from the turn signals and use them on the tail light. Modufy the tail light and return everything to you. All you have to di then is re-install the tail light and plug in the tail light cable and the turn signals to their respective connectors. Done. Totally stock look.

What you get is the tail light will flash when brakes are applied. There is a toggle they put on to disable this feature. When your signal is on the respective HALF of the tail light will flash.

They might have gotten cores to exchange light for light not sure as I did it at the beginning and that was not an option. Only took 2 weeks to ship out and get back.

·
Bloo Moderator
23,742 Posts
Look at the back of your bike. No picture it without the turn signals. That is exactly what you get from Flashalert. Its your stock tail light that gets modified.

What I had to do. Send them my tail light and both turn signals with the wires attached. They clip the wires from the turn signals and use them on the tail light. Modufy the tail light and return everything to you. All you have to di then is re-install the tail light and plug in the tail light cable and the turn signals to their respective connectors. Done. Totally stock look.

What you get is the tail light will flash when brakes are applied. There is a toggle they put on to disable this feature. When your signal is on the respective HALF of the tail light will flash.

They might have gotten cores to exchange light for light not sure as I did it at the beginning and that was not an option. Only took 2 weeks to ship out and get back.
I wonder if this is the same thing I saw when I went on my 100 bike Napa ride last week....every time the girl on her zx9r would activate the rear brake light it would flash, and I knew she was saying slow down/warning traffic is stopping up front. I really liked the way it worked :thumbsup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks for the reply Champ. That would be nice to just plug it in like factory but the person i bought it from already sliced the turn signal wires and put on some small universal front lights that are stuck to the undertail. I called FlashAlert and they are going to call back tomorrow to let me know if they have some available to send out and I pay a core charge. It will be $119 after they receive my tail light back.

Has anyone even seen the one from McCoy on an ZX-10. It looks good on the website but we know not everything is the way its advertised.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
BTW there are others out there now. I prefer to keep the stock look. Some cram in alot of LED's in there. Some use Yellow even. But your lens and the reflectors inside are designed to take advantage of the stock bulb placement. So putting in more might not be a good thing or very efficient. I know nothing about McCoy's so cant comment on theirs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I understand now. Thanks for the replies Champ. I'll wait for FlashAlert to call me back and let me know if they have one ready to ship.

·
Registered
788 Posts
i have a flash alert modified tail light for sale, mine did not have the factory connectors on it just 2 wires stubbed out for the turn signals, i guess it gets the ground from the factory connector of the tail light

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have a flash alert modified tail light for sale, mine did not have the factory connectors on it just 2 wires stubbed out for the turn signals, i guess it gets the ground from the factory connector of the tail light
The flash alert light didnt have factory connectors or your bike already had the wires cut? Do you have any pics of your bike with the light installed and blinking?

How much do you want for it also?

·
Registered
788 Posts
no connector on the flash alert, i just used sotchlocks to connect it to the factory wires. no pics but it is on the bike rightnow i can try to get a video tomorrow. maybe like 75 shipped. it is in excellent condition no marks or scratches.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok thanks. After i see the video, if you can get one, i'll be more than happy to buy it from you tomorrow if you have paypal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts