Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have an 08 and I'm trying to find a really nice integrated tail kit and also fender eliminator, any suggestions on some quality ones you've had experience with? I like the smoke look too :)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
This is not the direct answer you are looking for, but it will give your thread a free bump and I will at least offer a cheaper alternative to think about.

I removed the factory mudflap completely, used the plate bracket from the factory flap, and made a bracket to mount that to. So now the undertray is clean. I then spent $20 on a set of tag led lights to mount the plate with to keep everything legal. Then added a smoke integrated tail light. Was a cheaper and easier alternative to a full undertail. With some basic skills this is all pretty easy to do.

I dont have a good closeup pic, but this will give you an idea of the overall look. I know its not what you asked, but just trying to help.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I used a piece of abs plastic, i took the old mudflap and made a stencil grabbed the abs plastic drew my template and drilled holes to mount it.. Cost maybe $5 then bought a clear alternatives integrated tail light. I think it looks fine.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Clear Alternatives integrated light. It's great. I think they went out of business though.

Homemade fender eliminator. Please don't spend any money on a fender eliminator for the 3rd gen. It's so easy to do with just 2 "L" brackets from a hardware store and using just the license plate part of the stock fender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts