Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having an issue with Intake Air Pressure Sensor #2. The engine will fire when starting, but not continue to run. It also throws a DTC code P2227 - Intake Air Pressure Sensor #2 malfunction, wiring open or short. If I disconnect the vacuum hose for sensor #2 from the throttle body, the engine will start and idle just fine, however it will not rev past 6000 rpm. I have been told that this is the Limp mode limit. I have performed a vacuum check on all cylinders and they are all within specification of 220 mmHg at idle of 1100 rpm. I have replaced the harness, ecu and pressure sensor #2. I have performed a cylinder compression & leak down test, & all 4 cylinders are 200psi. The air intake solenoid valve & air switching valve have both been removed and the vacuum lines from the throttle bodies blocked. Both of these valves have been disabled in woolich software.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,342 Posts
I have to assume that you're talking about a 2016-2020 Gen 5 since you're asking about that service code number.

Well, there's not much else it can be. If you've replaced the ECU, the harness, and the sensor itself then you've eliminated all of the electrical components. Hopefully with new components and not used ones. That only leaves the vacuum reading. You measured the vacuum readings where exactly? Since there is only one vacuum input to each of the sensors from the the throttlebody, hopefully you took the reading there. Otherwise it would seem as thought the TB has an issue with the output to that sensor. Especially after you disconnected that and got it to idle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it is a 2016 Gen5. The vacuum readings were measured at each of the purge fittings on the throttle bodies and showed on the vacuum gauge a reading of 220 mmHg. I also measured the sensor #2 vacuum fitting on the throttle body. While the vacuum gauge needle was fluctuating a great deal more when connected to the sensor #2 fitting on the throttle body than the purge fittings on the throttle bodies, I do believe this is due to the fact the sensor #2 fitting has a larger diameter hole in the throttle body which will cause the reading on the vacuum gauge to be a lot more sensitive to pressure changes. I then used a pressure dampened vacuum gauge while connected to sensor #2 fitting on the throttle body and the pressure reading was a steady 220 mmHg at idle of 1100 rpm. If I connect MAP sensor #2 to the vacuum fitting on throttle body #4 which was previously used for the air switching valve, the engine starts and runs as normal. The ECU does not generate any diagnostic fault codes and the engine is not rev limited to 6000 rpm. Thanks for your previous post.

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
14,342 Posts
Yes, it is a 2016 Gen5. The vacuum readings were measured at each of the purge fittings on the throttle bodies and showed on the vacuum gauge a reading of 220 mmHg. I also measured the sensor #2 vacuum fitting on the throttle body. While the vacuum gauge needle was fluctuating a great deal more when connected to the sensor #2 fitting on the throttle body than the purge fittings on the throttle bodies, I do believe this is due to the fact the sensor #2 fitting has a larger diameter hole in the throttle body which will cause the reading on the vacuum gauge to be a lot more sensitive to pressure changes. I then used a pressure dampened vacuum gauge while connected to sensor #2 fitting on the throttle body and the pressure reading was a steady 220 mmHg at idle of 1100 rpm. If I connect MAP sensor #2 to the vacuum fitting on throttle body #4 which was previously used for the air switching valve, the engine starts and runs as normal. The ECU does not generate any diagnostic fault codes and the engine is not rev limited to 6000 rpm. Thanks for your previous post.
Sounds like you've gone through everything properly. So, you got it all figured out then? You've got it hooked up to the TB4 fitting?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts