Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I was thinking of installing some sport touring handlebars, and I had my eye on these convertibars. They are pricey, but the ability to adjust your riding position almost on the fly appeals to me, up to 5 inches up and 3 inches forward, and the set includes longer brake and clutch lines as well.
https://convertibars.3dcartstores.com/Kawasaki-ZX-10R-2006--2010-Bike-Specific-Kit_p_181.html

The thing is, I am worried that at full lock they won't clear the windscreen and fairing. The demo pictures are for the Gen3 Model that has a skinnier windscreen without the plastic around it, while the 2nd gen has some fairing around the windscreen making less clearance for full lock. Would they actually clear the windscreen and fairing on the Gen2 model?

Alternatively, I was thinking about buying something like these, which would be far cheaper. But I don't understand how they quite work. How much rise would you actually get out of them?
4.5" Black Bike Handlebar Risers 7/8" For Kawasaki Ninja ZX1000 ZX-10R | eBay

Note I would get my local shop to do any installations, I am OK with doing basic things like oil change/chain maintenance etc. but wouldn't feel comfortable messing with something like handlebars/clippons.

·
The Pace
7,164 Posts
Just looking at the clip on photos I think you can complete lock to lock turn. I would keep oem as I often rest chest on tank.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts