Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After all my winter mods I was finally able to take the bike out to see how she did. I noticed at idle it sounds like there is a slight miss. On the road it pulls OMG insane. I am thinking I may have not gotten the TB's seated all the way. For those of you who have installed TB's, you know how you rock them back and forth and then they just pop in place. Do you tap them down further from there? I can barley see the line on #4. Second question do you hand tighten the brackets or rachet them tighter.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
There is a lip on the bottom of the throttle bodies that sits inside a groove on the rubber boots. They should be perfectly even all the way across. You'll know when they slide into place properly.

Did you use any lube? I like use a little bit of o-ring grease to set mine.

Don't forget to tighten the clamps.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I would think with how big of a pain in the ass it is to get the airbox back in if you did not have your TB seated well then getting the airbox back in would be impossible.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe ill just rip it apart again and throw the merc sticks on it. Worst case it will show which cylinder is causing the miss and I can spray some carb cleaner on that boot to see if it's leaking.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Holy weird crap batman. I thing just wants to miss at idle. Strange thing is, it runs fine with the tank propped up. Purrrrrs like a kitten. As soon as I drop the tank, it start missing again. I took the hoses off just to make sure that was not the issue and same issue works when propped and not when down...any ideas?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yes I did sync the throttlebodies. What was messed with. Well, I installed a thin head gasket, installed a kawi racing cam, degreed cams, added ignition module, replaced valve springs and retainers with carpenter springs and retainers, replaced valve shims on valves that were out of spec. The thing runs very strong it's just idle.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess all I can do is live the the goofy idle and hope it goes away someday LOL. Maybe after it warms up and I run through a few tanks it will go away.

·
Registered
772 Posts
too rich @ idle:dontknow: my map doesnt even have any adjusted values @ idle hmmm,glad u figured it out

·
Registered
792 Posts
Maybe raising and lowering the tank affects some broken or loose wiring, like the air temp sensor that fits into the hole in the airbox, in the same area as the pump and fuel line.
An intermittent sensor would certainly affect fuel mapping?

After you had your map corrected, does the idle speed rise when you prop up the tank?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts