Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

Installing Scorpio Ignition Disable... need a hand!

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  umermariner 
#1 ·
I'm putting a Scorpio SRI500 alarm on my bike right now, and its all easy as pie except the ignition disable box. Its designed to kill the bikes ignition at the push of a button or in the event of an alarm trigger. Its just a box with two wires in series that are disconnected when the alarm is triggered.

So for installation it calls for one of 4 options, and I'm not sure which one I should use or which wire to splice the box into, hoping someone here can post a picture or a wirecolor / location that would work. The 4 options are as follows:

1) Wire connected between the Ignition Module and Engine stop button.
2) Ground wire from ignition module
3) Wire connected between the ignition module and coil.
4) Wire that goes to the ignition fuse box for 10 or 15 amp fuse labled IGN (I only saw a 10 amp labled AG).

This is for an '05 10r. Thanks in advance for your help!

#3 ·
I would skip it. I have the same alarm and its not worth it. The only thing its really good for is if you get bike jacked you can disable the bike. As far as ignition disable for a hot wired stolen bike the alarm is loud enough and sensitive enough that it won't give a thief enough time without going off. But that's just my opinion. Had mine for over a year and no issues. I live in an apartment and park my bike outside at night.

#5 ·
Cut the brown wire thats going to the fusebox. Then solder each wire of the ignition disable box to the brown wires. I'll post pictures if needed. Make sure you solder the connections. I used the crimp connectors that they included during the initial installation and my bike shut off on me while I was going 90+ MPH. I mean completely off no power to any thing. The vibrations from the bike was causing the disconnection. I then fired up the soldering gun and never had an issue with it. :zx_blue:

#6 ·
Thanks Millenium! If you dont mind throwing a picture up I'd appreciate it if you have it... if you have to take the seat off to get it dont worry about it. I'll definitely solder the connections, gunna head out now to check it out. Thanks again!

#11 ·
Scorpio sri900 Alarm Install (2008 zx10r)

The hardest part of the installation is to figure where to install the MCM (Main Control Module), other than that it is straight forward installation.
I tried to install the MCM in different locations, but I found that the best location in my point view is in-front of the battery, under the gas tank.

View attachment 68684

Note: Before completing any service on the motorcycle, disconnect the battery cables from the battery to prevent the engine from accidentally turning over.
Disconnect the ground cable (–) first and then the positive (+).
When completed with the service,
first connect the positive (+) cable to the positive (+) terminal of the battery then the negative (–) cable to the negative terminal

Installation Process:
First start by removing the bikes rear seat, rear right fairing, the left & right plastic side guard, the seat, and the gas tank.

View attachment 68685

As you see in the picture, there is some space under the gas tank, and in front of the battery, this space is enough to install the MCM (Main Control Module) in that spot

View attachment 68686

First Mount the MCM in-front of the Battery and under the gas tank, make sure to use the supplied Velcro to secure it, After Installing the MCM, move the insulation to front of the MCM, this will decrease the heat between the engine and the MCM
Also reroute all the cables that is out from the MCM to the right side and to the battery compartment, except for the MCM Antenna and the RFID Antenna Cable reroute those to the left side.

View attachment 68687

Install the Gas tank back,
You can install the (+) cable of the MCM with (+) terminal of the battery or wait till the end, in both cases it will not make a different until you connect the (-) cable to the negative terminal

View attachment 68688
Hello again guys,
I am also in the process of installing the alarm right now. I have one big problem, and two questions,

1. I am not able to find out the -ve (ground wire). Which wire is that.. it is not even listed in the installation guide.
2. I have the MCM installed under the seat, just behind the gas tank.. however, it is not horizental. I was able to perfectly fit it vertically. Does it really matter if it is installed horizantally or vertically?
3. Also the parameter senser, is it ok if I install horizently, but upside down? I mean will it make a big difference.

I will really appreciate help ASAP, as my bike is all taken apart right now.
Thanks.

#12 ·
Actually, I guess I kind of know the problem now. I am using the specified connercter kit for Kawasaki and I have my turn lights in the back lights, and their earth is cut. In this kit, the earth I think is kind of built into the connections that hook up with the back light and the turn signals.
Can anyone tell me any way of just grounding it? Lets just say, if I can not connect the connectors (which color wire I can just cut and connect to the body of the bike)
Thanks

#13 ·
Allright...I figured that out as well.. however, have a few other problems :(

1. My front turn signals are not working.... as far as I believe, they were working fine before I started this installation. Is there a separate fuse for the front indicators? Any easy way to diagnose this problem?

2. The hi jack mode is not working. I know I have inserted it in the right wire (the ignition wire behind the fuse), as if I disconnect that wire, the motorcycle does not start. If I go to the motorcycle without the remote, it chirps, but I can still start it. I also tried pressing both buttons while the bike is start, hoping it will shut down in a bit, but it didnt. Any idea?

3. The tilt/ shock sensor is not sensitive at all. If I tilt it a little bit, it does not do anything. However, it does work if I really shake the motorcycle (can it be because I installed the MCM vertical?)

4. The parameter sensor is not really sensitive uniformly. Sometimes, it picks me up even when I am at a distance, however; if I approach it from the front, even if I touch the bike it does not sound.

Please let me know if any of you had experience with it.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.