Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Im going to be installing an aftermarket computer onto my 10 that will run with an 02 sensor. The computer datalogs and selfmaps to a user specified AF ratio across the whole map, or you can set it to a speciefied AF ratio cell by cell. The computer doesnt map on the fly, but rather alters and updates its map once it has a set amount of stable readings for a particular RPM and TP cell.

The sensor needs to be placed where it will see all the gases from each cylinder and also cannot run behind cats. Im thinking of modifying the existing headers by removing the cats and placing sensor in the Y juncion just before the pre-muffler. The headers are titanium so this makes this job a little more complicated and costly.

I will be putting a full system on the bike when they are available which will make the sensor install no problem as they have bungs already in place, however before this happens I would like to get the computer running on the stock bike. Another thought I had was maybe using Gen2 headers and swapping the cats with a stainless steel de-cat flange, which would make the install of the 02 bung no problem, provided Gen2 headers fit.

Is there any other easier way of doing this while the bike is stock?

Any thoughts or comments welcome, especially from guys that have run the wideband kits.

Thanks
Rizzo

·
Registered
3,360 Posts
I think you'll have a problem because IF I've been reading right the cats are integrated into the headers...looks like you'll have to wait until a full system is in your possession.

Oops...forgot...I think JimmyJam said the Gen2 headers look like they might fit up, with that you can get a cat eliminator...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, you are right in that the cats are incorporated. I was originally thinking of getting the headers cut, cats removed, bung installed, and then rewelded. After a bit of research this will probably cost a bit because the headers are titanium, so im trying to justify the "is it worth it" factor. Especially since the stock exhaust will be replaced.

Not looking good, dont think there is a cheap option for making this work stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts