Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
Geezus. Front tire cover??? You mean the front fender? :confused: How big was your electric screw gun that you used to cross-thread the bolt and break the head off???

You got a couple options to fix that. Install the front fender with the other 3 bolts and glue the broken head to the plastic to make it look like it's there.

Or...

Get a small, sharp drillbit for drilling into metal and run that down into the bolt. The hole should be about half the diameter of the bolt. It needs to go in deep to get a good bite on the metal and then you can turn it out with the extractor. After you get it out, you'll have to chase the threads in the fork with a tap to clean and straighten the threads back out for a new bolt. Don't use a screw gun on the new bolt. It gets put in by hand with very little torque.

Reactions: scout

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
your comment did nothing, is this your way of letting off stress? maybe the old lady making you mad?
It was a humorous, sarcastic response that was valid. I'm not sure how you broke that bolt with just an Allen key myself. The bolts aren't that weak, so you must be jacked to do that.

Welcome to the Interweb dude!

Off the grid

·
REPOST Enforcement Mod
'16 ZX-10R KRT
15,945 Posts
not sure if you remember but i was the dude who’s fairings flew away on a ride. instead of dropping close to 1k to replace those pieces i just bought a set of aftermarket race fairings. they come with the optional bolt kit to further customize so i went with those. they’re not the same bolts that are oem.
Gotcha. I remember that incident posted, but didn't recognize the name. That helps explain what happened then. I would suggest not using those bolts though. Or was it not the right bolt for that thread that caused it to bind? Durant matter now. Just have to extract it and move on. Good luck.

Off the grid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts