Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing the galfer brake line. they want me to cut of the tab located next to the brake lines( gave me no reason why). i was wondering have any chose not to cut it off and did it cause any problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
I installed Galfer lines and did not cut the tab, but you need to make sure:

1. Line fits without obstruction
2. Line is not leaking
3. Ensure brake lever operation (and brake light) is not compromised
4. Ensure the line does not rub against any parts that may damage it and make sure the line does not get kinked

·
Where'd the boobs go?
2,655 Posts
installed Galfer SS lines last year on my first first gen. and took about 45 minutes and did no fabrication like that. I just ordered the new GP 1-2 lines for my second 1st gen. They're gonna be sweet not to mention with the brembo 19*20 I have....yeah baby brakes!!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Hell I installed some for a 07 and they fit perfect. I would put 2 at the master cylinder and one at each brake. You can do it the other way but getting all the air out of the line can be a pain sometimes.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
I had to cut the tab of my 636 master because it was in the way.

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
You don't have to cut it off as long as you're happy with how the lines are routed. When I put the 6R m/c on my GEN1 I cut the tab off because it gave more room to route them the way I wanted.

I'd say it's up to you but I wouldn't worry about it either way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.