Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is simple:
If you want to install a complete system what do you have to change.

reason why I ask. I've installed a full arata system and PC3, during instalation I've learned I needed 2 O2-eliminators.

after in stalling the bike ran fine only below 3k rpm started to slightly back fire and when riding with constant throttle it even started to run on 3 cilinders.

had the PC3 be tuned but still the same problem

someone told me I had to mount a bracket on the exhaust servo, but the di'dn't help

bike went to the dealer, but they couldn't find any errors in the computer. they even replaced the computer.

now I've build it back to stock and the problem seems to have gone!

maybe I'm forgetting something

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
WTF?!?!?!? I put a full system on mine and dint have to do anything but remove the servo cables. I had put smog block off's on at the same time and that caused it to run funny, removed them and no problem!! I didnt have to do anything with any o2 eliminators!!

·
Licensed Dist of HaterAde
11,423 Posts
shoulda just got a 1st gen...........:mrgreen:..seriously though, hope you get it figured out and squared away man. got a full arata on mine and love the shit out of it!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope so too

I'll find out this weekend hopefully.

tuner was one of the best in the netherlands. problem also occurs when pc3 is disconnected

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WTF?!?!?!? I put a full system on mine and dint have to do anything but remove the servo cables. I had put smog block off's on at the same time and that caused it to run funny, removed them and no problem!! I didnt have to do anything with any o2 eliminators!!
this means your FI light is burning. and didn't you install a PC3, that means your fuel mixture is probably off

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Then I would definitely say the problem is being cause by your o2 sensors.....look into the eliminators make sure they're not faulty....

·
Registered
477 Posts
i fitted full akro with 02 eliminators and have since fitted block off plates to my 2nd gen and it runs great,i've even wrote my own map (with help of a wideband setup)...all is good..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i fitted full akro with 02 eliminators and have since fitted block off plates to my 2nd gen and it runs great,i've even wrote my own map (with help of a wideband setup)...all is good..
what are block off plates???

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ok steps I've taken this weekend.

1. bike was back to stock
2. disconnected the lamda sensors in de catalyst -> FI error on display and no backfires
3. connected O2 eliminator -> no error, no backfires
4. disconnected the exhaust valve -> no backfires
5. installed complete arata and disconnected the O2 eliminator -> backfires
6. installed O2 eliminators -> backfires

Í think to possible reasons. with throttle closed.

1. 1 sparkplug is misfiring, so fuel enters the exhaust
2. to much fuel is injected in one of the cilinders.

Please help!!!!!

Going to try to a tuner

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
You need to custom tune your bike to reduce the backfires.
They won't go away completely, you will have here and there.
The resistance is correct but there is alot of vibration and sometimes it's inevitable...
I found best to leave the 02 sensors in the full systems if there are holes of course... I have this problem with my gen2, there was only 1 hole in the full system, it has 2xo2 sensors so went with resistances and still have the same issues. My gen3 fs had 2 holes and after tuning it still backfires sometimes...

The blockoff plates replace the reed valves on the engine head valve cover.

If you had a misfire you would know it, totally different...
Hope it works out :thumbsup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You need to custom tune your bike to reduce the backfires.
They won't go away completely, you will have here and there.
The resistance is correct but there is alot of vibration and sometimes it's inevitable...
I found best to leave the 02 sensors in the full systems if there are holes of course... I have this problem with my gen2, there was only 1 hole in the full system, it has 2xo2 sensors so went with resistances and still have the same issues. My gen3 fs had 2 holes and after tuning it still backfires sometimes...

The blockoff plates replace the reed valves on the engine head valve cover.

If you had a misfire you would know it, totally different...
Hope it works out :thumbsup:
OK Thank you. now know what plates you mean.

There are no holes so that's is not an option. futhermore the backfires I have only occur with 0% throttle and are not very loud, except for sometime one louder than the others.

don't understand why I have this and others haven't

·
Registered
477 Posts
so you were having missfires and exhaust backfires when on the throttle?or only when releasing the throttle?? as when i fitted my full akro it was popping/banging like crazy,even after a custom tune!(i must clarify i was only getting this off the throttle) as soon as i fitted the block off plates they completely disapeared! and i mean i have'nt had one single backfire since..(i kinda miss them to be honest).

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so you were having missfires and exhaust backfires when on the throttle?or only when releasing the throttle?? as when i fitted my full akro it was popping/banging like crazy,even after a custom tune!(i must clarify i was only getting this off the throttle) as soon as i fitted the block off plates they completely disapeared! and i mean i have'nt had one single backfire since..(i kinda miss them to be honest).
It's running perfect untill I let go of the throttle.

then the bike brakes on the engine and when coming below 3000rpm it starts popping in the exhaust. ( no misfiring, just backfiring)

I'm going to try the blockoff plates.

keep your fingers crossed, I have good hope this will work.

Any body suggestions where to get them??

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks

I was planning it to do it like that. no need to invest money not knowing if it works!!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts