Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a cig lighter socket that I want to install somewhere near the front of the bike. I plan to use it for my GPS (since the battery won't last long enough to keep it on on long rides).

What is the best place to hook up the power wires to? My bike is 2004.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I ran a power wire up from the battery to the speedo that powers my radar detector and cig plug that i mounted to my fairing stay with a zip tie.

·
Does not drive into smoke
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't put it through a relay?

I was wondering if there is a convenient spot where I can just hook up the cables without needing to install another relay. I expect the current drawn from the socket to be minimal, at least for the GPS, so I can live with a temporary solution for a little while.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
No relay here... The outlet draws no power as long as nothing is plugged in.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Your good to go.. how about a little rep. ;)

Reactions: flthy1

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Thats a big negative haus!:lol:
Thanks for the trying!

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
where can I get a cig plug from to install on my bike Autozone?
They make all black plastic ones that are stealth and wont rust. I got mine ad advanced auto parts and it had a bracket that i could zip tie mine to the fairing stay. Intall is stealth and no need to drill holes.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've put a 12V socket on almost every bike I've had but for the 10r I think I'm going to do something different.

I plan on making a plate that I can mount somewhere (no idea yet) and it will have a 12V socket, a USB port (for power only), and a 5-pin port that will be ran directly to the Bazzaz so that I won't need to remove anything to plug up the computer. I may add a connector for my battery tender if I don't plan on using the adapter cable I've always used.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought a a cig lighter for a couple bucks from autozone and ran the wires (+/-) straight to the battery with a 10 or 15 amp fuse on the hot side and put the cig lighter under the seat. i ran plug from the rear of the bike all the way up front along the frame and under the gas tank to where i mounted my gps on my damper and i leave my cell phone charger in the trunk so i can charge my phone and leave it locked in there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts