Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well as some of you know i hit over the 189mph mark the speedo says sometimes and i really wish i could accuratly see how fast i was going at speeds over that so I picked up a speedohealer V4 from a buddy of mine so i hooked it up today and took her for a test run.... I'm right now running 18/41 gearing on a 180/55 tire so it took a -3.3% adjustment.... I'm also running my gauge in KPH mode and I have my speedo healer converting kph to mph for me.... so now I can read up to 299mph mak speed :-D lol......

Its pretty accurate at low speeds but I'm going to do a gps top speed run and compare it with the top speed recall on the v4...

thought I would just show where i put the button, I was going to place it up near the dash but thought the handlebar would be much better.... I wound up sliding the wire between the clutch perch and the control and ran a ziptie around the bar to keep the switch in place even though its snug...

next time she goes over 200 I'll know it :badteeth:

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
I put my button under the tank...so it is at the edge of the tank/frame on the left side. 299mph now? Cool shit. Now we need some 299 mph videos!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hahahah would be nice to go that fast! lol.... I should be able to hit over 200 any day of the week pretty soon :-D I'm going to do quite a big project soon with her soon... I'm thinking 230-250hp all the time is sounding quite nice :-D

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put my button under the tank...so it is at the edge of the tank/frame on the left side. 299mph now? Cool shit. Now we need some 299 mph videos!
I have the unit its self tucked in where my carbon fiber tank sides are so i can just slide it out to make adjustments... I'm 18/41 gearing right now but next weekend i might gear it to well over 200 and do a nitrous run with my jockey to see how she does.... I'll let ya'll know!

·
Dont mess wit White Ninja
5,932 Posts
garth I was down at borward motorsports a couple days ago and some guy was talking about your bike going 209mph or something, really? With what gearing was that with? I didnt even know you work there truthfully, and know I'm no stalker, just went to pick up some parts I ordered and got to talking and brought up your bike, so I asked is the guy running carbon fiber parts like crazy and race fairings ect, I said is his name garth, he started laughing, but I talked to the guy, he works in sevice but he talks very highly of you LOL, you must be a monk or something at your work!!!

·
Speed Freak
12,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
garth I was down at borward motorsports a couple days ago and some guy was talking about your bike going 209mph or something, really? With what gearing was that with? I didnt even know you work there truthfully, and know I'm no stalker, just went to pick up some parts I ordered and got to talking and brought up your bike, so I asked is the guy running carbon fiber parts like crazy and race fairings ect, I said is his name garth, he started laughing, but I talked to the guy, he works in sevice but he talks very highly of you LOL, you must be a monk or something at your work!!!

HAHAHAHA nice..... no the fastest my bike went was 200.2mph on gps so far but I have sprockets to go over 209mph...

when i did 200 it was geared 18/38 I have a 36t sprocket to try out sometime soon :thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts