Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea what is wrong. Installed PC3 and when starting engine, engine idles rough. Any ideas before I take it off assuming PC is faulty?

Knowing my luck, it is.

JJ

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
hey jimmyjam i have no idea about whats wrong. ive never dealt with pc3's. :wink: the only thing i know is i should have me a pc3 also

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey JJ, I know there was a thread on here before with guys having starting and idling problems. I would try disconnecting the PC and starting all over. Hopefully it will fix itself. If that does not work try installing a new map. Good luck! If you r thinking about selling that Akra system let me know I will buy! :crackup:

·
Registered
700 Posts
i would plug it into a computer and see of the map you have into it is changing the fuel at idel. it sould be set to zero and make sure the TPS is calabrated. Most of the time that i see one running rough is because the pc3 is seeing 2-3% throttle at idle.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would plug it into a computer and see of the map you have into it is changing the fuel at idel. it sould be set to zero and make sure the TPS is calabrated. Most of the time that i see one running rough is because the pc3 is seeing 2-3% throttle at idle.
I checked all that. It was only running on cyl's 1,2. Cylinders 3,4 were dead and I was getting FI light codes 53,54. Ignition Stick coils opened or short.

Disconnected Power Commander and reconnected stock and FI light out and engine smooth as new.

I am going to send the PC back. I didn't want it anyway.

JJ

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was surprised that you had installed one after reading about your interest in the Bazzaz and then the Motty units JJ.

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was surprised that you had installed one after reading about your interest in the Bazzaz and then the Motty units JJ.
I had already bought it, 5-6 months ago. Thought I would give it a try. Last Dynojet POS I will buy. Calling them tomorrow and sending it back, still under warranty.

JJ

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I had already bought it, 5-6 months ago. Thought I would give it a try. Last Dynojet POS I will buy. Calling them tomorrow and sending it back, still under warranty.

JJ
I cannot say that I wouldn't buy another one, but I had one go bad on me. Luckily it did not leave me stranded. The bike just ran awful. The customer service was really good though, and they sent me antoher PC3R right away. Its been almost 8 years ago, but I bet they will ship you another unit without trouble.

·
Registered
34,537 Posts
There's far too many PC products(especially PC's) that go bad or are bad to warrant purchasing their products and taking a chance especially when there are products avail now that are superior in every facet.

BD

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I cannot say that I wouldn't buy another one, but I had one go bad on me. Luckily it did not leave me stranded. The bike just ran awful. The customer service was really good though, and they sent me antoher PC3R right away. Its been almost 8 years ago, but I bet they will ship you another unit without trouble.
Aren't you glad you didn't buy my PC3 now. We did discuss it briefly. :wink:

I don't want another PC3, but if they will send me one I will take it and eBay it.

I got other plans now.

JJ

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's far too many PC products(especially PC's) that go bad or are bad to warrant purchasing their products and taking a chance especially when there are products avail now that are superior in every facet.

BD
I agree, no more Dynojet for me. Just my luck how things go. I think I got the first one for the 08's when they were first released. Something wrong with the wiring harness as the color codes and the wires don't match.

I have more problems with aftermarket parts that most everyone else combined. Sometimes it breaks my spirit, but only momentarily.

But give up I am not.

JJ

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Aren't you glad you didn't buy my PC3 now. We did discuss it briefly. :wink:

I don't want another PC3, but if they will send me one I will take it and eBay it.

I got other plans now.

JJ
Yes, I am. Not only now because of the issues you are having, but I'm really looking forward to this Bazzaz Auto Tune and selectable maps!

I ran into an issue with the wires in the 10 pin clip being different colors that prior years too. I guess some companies use the customer for R&D?:dontknow:

·
Banned
3,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, I am. Not only now because of the issues you are having, but I'm really looking forward to this Bazzaz Auto Tune and selectable maps!

I ran into an issue with the wires in the 10 pin clip being different colors that prior years too. I guess some companies use the customer for R&D?:dontknow:
Dynojet overnighted me a brand new one in a box. Came Fed Ex yesterday, no questions asked. Now I have a brand new one in a box to eBay. :thumbsup:

TENN10 what color is your bike? Green, Blue or black. I remember seeing a pix when you installed the pipe I sold ya, but I forgot.

JJ

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Dynojet overnighted me a brand new one in a box. Came Fed Ex yesterday, no questions asked. Now I have a brand new one in a box to eBay. :thumbsup:

TENN10 what color is your bike? Green, Blue or black. I remember seeing a pix when you installed the pipe I sold ya, but I forgot.

JJ
I know from what experinence I had with DJ, they're customer service was great! Like you said no ?'s asked.

I went with the Black 10. They actually had all 3 colors in stock when I bought mine. You would have thought I was a child choosing candy!:lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts