Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i made the switch from Z1000 to a 2016 ZX10R for my daily (and only) ride
it's bone stock so the first round of mods has been ordered up, but stuff coming in slowly
today got these 2

Carbon mirror block off plates with LED indicators (didnt wanna lose my ability to signal from the front) $50
Clone of the light tech carbon lever guards $30 (came with both sides, only used brake side)

For critical components like brakes or suspension obviously i would never use a cheap copy part, but for non-essential stuff it's fine, particularly when the real lighttech lever guards are like $150-$200+ or something stupid here, these copies for $30 look almost exactly the same and do the same job, saving me money i can use for more important stuff ;)

tail tidy going on tomorrow... still waiting on my integrated tail light which wont be here for 2 weeks, since the tail tidy eliminates the turn signals, but for now ill just ride without signals in the rear
have a slipon, sliders, levers, grips, and some other random stuff on the way as well ;)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Who makes the turn signals? They look similar to the Greggs Customs ones but I like that they are carbon. Are they real carbon?

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Is it harder to navigate traffic without the mirrors? I love the look of the block-offs!
My opinion,

I tried no mirrors before and I did not like it on the street. I mean I'm sure I could have gotten used to it but I found it a lot easier to be able to quickly move my eyes and check my mirrors vs having to swivel my head everytime I wanted to check my surroundings. Which I do a lot on the street cause ya never know

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
They do indeed look good!about the best I have seen!but I also have to have mirrors that's until there is a rear facing camera thats wireless and then a display in my helmet!I don't think Nuviz can incorporate that into the system I'm now using as I would have to have a rear view covered at all times!not by navigating through system that has Speed,Maps,Music and Phone already available!
If I was to replace the mirrors like Turbo did from Australia they would have to be Magical Racing Carbon mirrors from Japan!but then after a $400aus outlay you have to somehow find a nice neat L.E.D front indicator replacement that doesn't have to have holes drilled and mounted somewhere that doesn't stick out like dogs goolies!but as I said they look great

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Who makes the turn signals? They look similar to the Greggs Customs ones but I like that they are carbon. Are they real carbon?

made by a local guy in bangkok (i live in thailand)... not exaclty something you can order online, but im sure some big company makes something similar.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it harder to navigate traffic without the mirrors? I love the look of the block-offs!

for me, squeezing between cars in traffic was more important than seeing whats behind me... besides, if you ride fast enough, nothing behind you matters ;)

"What's behind me is not important." - gumball rally 1976

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for reviving this thread. I’m interested in getting those turn signals. Very Nice!
unfortunately im not sure of any place to order them online, i bought them local from some dude who i assume makes them himself since there was no packaging or brand or anything to track down... theres probably more than one place that makes them though

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are real nice. Any pics out there for grips & levers? Suggestions?

i did domino grips and some generic shorty levers... i only ever use 2 fingers on my levers so i really dont like full length levers... these cheap generics have a little more vertical play in them than id like, not as "tight" of a feel as the oem, but the shape and fitment is much much more comfy for me.

i bought domino grips and a pair of renthal wide grips... the dominos arrived first so thats what i put on... the renthals feel better for me with the oversized width, but i dont feel like taking the dominos off so i just lef them on and save the renthals for next bike.

·
Registered
2018 ZX10R SE
1,023 Posts
just levers but I have asv inventions levers. they are Shorty's and honestly I'm not sure I like the clutch being a shorty style since the control buttons on that side are pretty wide. I always feel like I am grabbing the knob end of the lever. here are a couple pics. I got the c5 forged levers. 5 year unconditional warranty. even if you crash they will replace them. the color is limited but I'm glad I went this route.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts