Kawasaki ZX-10R Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed a ivans tre. love it but now my bikes temperture is around 205* it"s
always been around 185* or lower any one haveing the same problem.

·
Custom Powder Coater
6,560 Posts
i didnt notice nothing on my gipro
but what i did notice when i got a full system and PCIII the tre doesnt do SH**T but tell me the gear. I know its off topic.
your just riding harder now trying to see what the big deal was:mrgreen:

·
Registered
333 Posts
:+1: with the GI Pro. Normal round town cuising is about 180 to 190 then immediately spikes to 205 at a light till I get moving again. Also depends on the weather on a given day. Spent last weekend at the Gap and it hovered between 175 to 185 up in the mountains.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just took a 10min ride outside temp is around 82*still saw 205*reading. bike is a 06 10r two brothers slip on 16t front, tre. i have put 10k miles on it in 11 months.full of good coolent if its not the tre any idea

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
It's August in Georgia..........

What is the highest temp you have seen it peak at? If it's not above 210-215 then I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
the heat has been around 100 degress in kansas and my bike is running hotter than it ever has. i can be on the highway at 75 mph and the temp is still reading 200 degrees. i would not worry about it. it is just hot as hell out there.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
i finally got to ride my 07 this week. when I'm moving slow like around town, I'm around 200. on the freeway, depending on the temp is was between 160 and 190.

Seems to run a little warmer in town then my '05 did.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
i finally got to ride my 07 this week. when I'm moving slow like around town, I'm around 200. on the freeway, depending on the temp is was between 160 and 190.

Seems to run a little warmer in town then my '05 did.
Thats about the same as mine. It definitely gets hot. Mikes it quite uncomfortable in between the legs sometimes :) My bike is stock btw

·
Registered
43 Posts
All those temps you guys are talking about is normal. The fan wont turn on until 205-210 anyways. Its summer time, the bike will run hot......nothing you can do about it.

·
Postwhore with an 04
4,387 Posts
I dont think you have to worry. I saw 242 once and then the indicator starts blinking.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
its a 101 right now in DC and it was similar all last week. it does get hot when sitting, the trick is to keep moving :wink:

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
took the tre off today just to see for myself. rode for about an hour temp was the same. guess i never paid much att' to it before.any way thanks to every one that posted a reply. one other thing i read in this forum some were the tre made a good paper weight!!! my bike has no pc111 just a slip on an 16t front it made a big difference for only $68.00

1 - 12 of 12 Posts